Pharrell Williams And The UN Foundation Partner To Celebrate International Day Of Happiness
March 7, 2014 at 7:08 AM (PT)
Having just released his chart-topping new album "G I R L" this week, and with the single, “Happy” (from Despicable Me 2), breaking sales and chart records around the world, PHARRELL WILLIAMS has announced a partnership with the UNITED NATIONS FOUNDATION to celebrate the annual global International Day of Happiness, THURSDAY, MARCH 20th. In addition to a 24-hour event on YOUTUBE, PHARRELL invites people everywhere to take action and help raise money for humanitarian efforts around the globe.
Drawing inspiration from the “Happy” videos fans worldwide have already posted, starting this coming MONDAY, MARCH 10th, PHARRELL encourages all his fans to post YOUTUBE videos of themselves demonstrating their happiness to his global #1 hit "Happy" with the hashtag #HAPPYDAY and then register their submission at 24hoursofhappiness.com. At noon on MARCH 20th in each time zone, PHARRELL will spotlight the best submissions on the site. Fans are also encouraged to use #HAPPYDAY throughout all social networks.
As part of this global digital engagement, people will be reminded that everyone deserves a chance at a happy, healthy life, and encouraged to make donations to support UN humanitarian efforts designed to increase those opportunities for the people who need it most. Donate here.
Ways To Participate:
- Post dance mob videos on your YOUTUBE channel tagging them with #HAPPYDAY
- Post FACEBOOK, G+, TUMBLR or INSTAGRAM photos/videos using the hashtag #HAPPYDAY
- TWEET/VINE messages using the hashtag #HAPPYDAY
- Post “Happy” covers on your YOUTUBE Channel tagging them with #HAPPYDAY
- Play “Happy” on the air and give a shout out to CERF
- Share “Happy” SPOTIFY and GOOGLE PLAY playlists on G+, FACEBOOK, TWITTER and/or TUMBLR using the hashtag #HAPPYDAY