RAB Revamps Co-Op Directory
March 26, 2014 at 11:15 AM (PT)
The RADIO ADVERTISING BUREAU has re-launched the widely used and successful RAB Co-op Directory after a full overhaul of all of its services. The new directory now has over 9,000 freshly updated listings available to assist with co-op sales strategies for RAB members across the country.
New additions to the co-op directory include:
* Links to the manufacturer's websites and to a Dealer Locator feature - sellers will know whom to prospect for an advertising campaign on their station's airwaves and website in their local markets.
* "Ad Material Warehouse" - this section features current scripts from many manufacturers. Scripts are searchable by category and by company or brand name.
* Digital co-op users will find a veritable treasure trove of advertiser logos, banner ads, skyscraper ads and other materials already created and formatted for uploading to your station website in the Ad Material Warehouse.
* Weekly Sales Leads - a new sales lead is uploaded every MONDAY and features an upcoming promotional push from a specific manufacturer who is offering additional or increased co-op for a particular seasonal product. This arms sellers with information on the campaign, incentives being offered, prepared ads, and relevant co-op details for the promotion.
* For new co-op sellers, or for those seeking to strengthen their co-op sales skills, there is also a new Tutorials tab within the directory. This section includes a "Getting Started" booklet, a webinar on using the directory, and a series of informative co-op 101 articles on how to target your best prospects, utilize manufacturer spec ads, generate co-op proposals, and more.
"Co-op advertising is an integral part of local radio sales and we continue to improve our offerings as a benefit of RAB Membership," RAB Pres./CEO ERICA FARBER said. "We are excited about this newly revamped RAB Co-op Directory for our members and know it will drive additional revenue into radio stations across the country."
To learn more about accessing this directory, log on to www.rab.com.