Network Radio Reaches More Than 181 Million Listeners Each Week
June 16, 2014 at 9:40 AM (PT)
NIELSEN has released data from its JUNE 2014 RADAR Radio Network Ratings, showing that more than 181 million Americans age 12 or older, or approximately 68% of the national population, heard a network radio commercial during an average week. NIELSEN RADAR reports estimated audiences to network commercials broadcast by affiliates of the subscribing networks. RADAR audience estimates do not account for listening to all network radio programming.
The RADAR JUNE 2014 survey period demonstrates network radio’s power in reaching a mass audience across all ages. Commercials aired on the 46 measured radio networks reached:
- 68.0% of persons aged 12+ (181.3 million listeners)
- 70.9% of persons aged 18-49 (95.5 million listeners)
- 71.7% of persons aged 25-54 (89.9 million listeners)
The RADAR JUNE 2014 survey period also demonstrates network radio’s extensive reach in the Top 25 DMAs:
- 70.2% of persons aged 12+ (94.4 million listeners)
- 73.6% of persons aged 18-49 (50.9 million listeners)
- 74.2% of persons aged 25-54 (48.4 million listeners)
NIELSEN’s RADAR (Radio’s All Dimension Audience Research) JUNE 2014 Report is the standard currency for national network radio ratings and measures 46 individual radio networks. These networks are operated by ADLARGE MEDIA, AMERICAN URBAN RADIO NETWORKS, CRYSTAL MEDIA NETWORKS, PREMIERE NETWORKS, UNITED STATIONS RADIO NETWORKS and WESTWOODONE.