Kidd Kraddick Remembered By Co-Hosts And Listeners
July 29, 2014 at 1:00 PM (PT)
SUNDAY (7/27) marked one year since the passing of CCM+E Top 40 KHKS/DALLAS and syndicated radio personality KIDD KRADDICK (NET NEWS, 7/27/13) and the four hosts of the KIDD KRADDICK MORNING SHOW (KELLIE RASBERRY, BIG AL MACK, J-SI CHAVEZ and JENNA OWENS) decided the best way to honor his legacy of giving was to encourage random acts of kindness from their listeners.
All weekend, tens of thousands participated in "Do It For Kidd" as they used their time, talents and resources to help out others, without expecting anything in return. Some of the highlights included:
- Taping dollar bills to snack machines at a local hospital
- Buying for the person behind them in line at fast food, grocery stores or coffee shops
- Babysitting for a single mom so she can get things done
- Buying school supplies for needy children
- Cleaning houses for free
- Taping bags of microwave popcorn to Redbox machines
- Mowing a neighbor’s yard
- Knitting hearts and leaving them random places ... along with sweet notes
You can see a ton more of these great acts by searching the hashtag #ForKidd on any social network.
Listeners also participated in a special "Moment of Noise" MONDAY (7/28) in remembrance of KIDD. Car horns were blown from DALLAS to SCRANTON to SAVANNAH to NEW ORLEANS and even all the way to OKINAWA, JAPAN as listeners to AMERICAN FORCES NETWORK all participated.
Meanwhile, the DALLAS MORNING NEWS did a very extensive memorial article on KIDD's untimely passing, how difficult this past year has been for KIDD's staff: KELLIE RASBERRY, JOSE "J-SI" CHAVEZ, SHANNON MURPHY, JENNA OWENS and MACK, and how they've held the show and the ratings together.
Check this story out right here.