Sold: Georgia FM And A Bunch O' Translators
December 1, 2014 at 11:18 AM (PT)
WORLD RADIO LINK is selling Classic Rock WSIZ (MY FM)/JACKSONVILLE, GA and translators W256BE/LANCASTER, WI; W242BB/MEDFORD, WI; W243BH/MUSKEGON, MI; and W219DG/SOUTH HAVEN, MI to EDGEWATER BROADCASTING for $350,000.
In other filings with the FCC, NORTHWEST INDY RADIO is selling K271CG/OLYMPIA, WA to SAM-SNO EDUCATIONAL MEDIA for $1.
WAY MEDIA , INC. and WAY-FM MEDIA GROUP, INC. are selling W24CY/AMERICUS, GA, W202BZ/CORDELE, GA, and W264CS/HILLSDALE, GA to THE POWER FOUNDATION for $25,000.
RIVERVIEW BAPTIST CHRISTIAN SCHOOLS is swapping K213DP/RICHLAND, WA to WALLA WALLA UNIVERSITY for WEST VALLEY TRANSLATOR ASSOCIATION's K201AS/YAKIMA, which is being assigned to the university in consideration for "past technical and financial support."
HISPANIC FAMILY CHRISTIAN NETWORK is transferring K284BX/HITCHCOCK, TX to CENTRO CRISTIANO DE VIDA ETERNA for no consideration.
MT. RUSHMORE BROADCASTING, INC. has filed for an extension of its Silent STAs for KAWK and KFCR-A/CUSTER, SD and KZMX/HOT SPRINGS, SD because it has not filled its staff after the previous employees quit without notice.
MORGAN COUNTY INDUSTRIES, INC. has requested a Silent STA for WMOR-A/MOREHEAD, KY while it replaces its ground system.
NRG MEDIA LLC has closed on the purchase of Classic Hits KOKZ, Active Rock KFMW (ROCK 108), News-Talk KXEL-A, and Sports KWLO-A (1330 ESPN)/WATERLOO, IA from WOODWARD COMMUNICATIONS for $3,550,000. JODY MCCOY of MEDIA SERVICES GROUP served as exclusive broker for the seller in the deal.
FIRST MEDIA RADIO, LLC has closed on the sale of Hot AC WZWW (3WZ)/BELLEFONTE, PA; News-Talk WIEZ-A and AC WMRF/LEWISTOWN, PA; and AC WLAK/HUNTINGDON, PA to KRISTEN CANTRELL's SEVEN MOUNTAINS MEDIA, LLC (assets) and SOUTHERN BELLE, LLC (licenses) for $2,075,000 cash. MICHAEL J. BERGNER of BERGNER AND CO. served as broker for the deal.
And LA MAS MEXICANA LLC has closed on the sale of Regional Mexican daytimer KLTK-A (LAS AMERICAS 1140)/CENTERTON-FAYETTEVILLE, AR to RADIO LAS AMERICAS ARKANSAS, LLC for $400,000.
New low-power FM construction permits were granted to FAMILY OF GOD FELLOWSHIP CHURCH at TOPEKA, KS; NORTH CAROLINA HUMANE SOCIETY STATE COUNCIL at ROCKY MOUNT, NC; NORTHERN NASH HIGH SCHOOL at RED OAK, NC; OLYMPIA ALL AGES PROJECT at OLYMPIA, WA; VERMONT COMMUNITY ACCESS MEDIA at BURLINGTON, VT; THE BUNDY MUSEUM OF HISTORY & ART at BINGHAMTON, NY; and DIOCESE OF RALEIGH at CARY, NC.
The FCC also canceled the licenses of the following stations:
- CHRISTIAN FAITH CENTER OF THE VALLEY KZAV/AVENAL, CA
- ALAN KILGORE, W223BF/JACKSON, AL
- PENSACOLA CHRISTIAN COLLEGE, INC., W203BE/STUART, FL
- KASILOF PUBLIC BROADCASTING, K207DR/HOMER, AK
- GOOD SHEPHERD RADIO, INC., W270AN/PALMYRA, IN
- KASILOF PUBLIC BROADCASTING, K223BE/STERLING, AK
- PERCEPTION MEDIA, INC., WOWZ-A/APPOMATTOX, VA
- RETAIL SOCIAL ACTIVITIES CENTER, INC., KBYO-A/TALLULAH, LA
- PILGRIM COMMUNICATIONS, INC., KVLE-A/VAIL, CO
- ALABAMA CHRISTIAN RADIO, INC, WHJS/LUMPKIN, GA
- ENTERPRISE CORPORATION OF THE DELTA, WXEC/MERIGOLD, MS
- INDIANA COMMUNITY RADIO CORPORATION, WYER/CARMI, IL
- MAGNOLIA RADIO CORPORATION, WZHL/NEW AUGUSTA, MS
- MAGNOLIA RADIO CORPORATION, KCOO/DUNKERTON, IA
- ARNOLD BROADCASTING, INC., KECK/ECKLEY, CO
- CENTRO PALABRA DE FE CHURCH, KNGQ/SALOME, AZ
- ONE MINISTRIES, INC., KDVZ/POINT REYES, CA
- CHRISTIAN FAITH CENTER OF THE VALLEY, KRBP/ROCK CREEK, CA
- CHRISTIAN FAITH CENTER OF THE VALLEY, KRBO/MILLERS RANCH, CA
- CENTRO DE INTERCESION Y ADORACION INTERNACIONAL, INC., KDAJ/OLD DALE, CA
- OREGON ST BOARD OF HIGHER ED FOR SO. OREGON UNIV., KSKX/CHEMULT, OR
- WESTERN OREGON OPRY, LTD., KCGO/COTTAGE GROVE, OR
- INVISIBLE ALLIES MINISTRIES, WRJV/HUSTONTOWN, PA
- FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH, INC., W261CC/VERO BEACH, FL
- RADIO TRAINING NETWORK, INC,, W255AL/GOLDSBORO, NC
And the construction permit held by SAM-SNO EDUCATIONAL MEDIA for KZIT-LP/OLYMPIA, WA was cancelled per the permittee's request.
The Commission has denied CHRISTIAN BROADCASTING OF EAST POINT, INC. and PRAISE 95, INC.'s petitions for reconsideration of the expiration of CBEP's license for WTJH-A/EAST POINT, GA and denial of the attempted sale to PRAISE 95. The Commission deemed WTJH to have lost its license when it was dark for longer than 12 months, despite CBEP's claim that it had resumed broadcasting at reduced power from an alternate site, then, a week later, filing a license renewal application that said it was no longer operating. The FCC determined that the station had been evicted from its licensed site in 2009 or 2010, had ceased operation on NOVEMBER 29, 2009, did not resume with authorized facilities, and that its claimed resumptions in NOVEMBER 2010, NOVEMBER 2011, JUNE 2012, NOVEMBER/DECEMBER 2012, and NOVEMBER 2013 were not in accordance with its license. CBEP also raised AM revitalization issues in its appeal, which the Commission dismissed as not in conflict with a license dismissal.
WHITLEY MEDIA, LLC and NORTH TEXAS RADIO GROUP, L.P. have filed a petition for reconsideration of the dismissal of transfer of KTDK/SANGER, TX by CUMULUS' SUSQUEHANNA RADIO CORP. to WHITLEY for spinoff, and the voluntary surrender of the license by SUSQUEHANNA to the FCC for deletion. SUSQUEHANNA cancelled the deal and turned the license in for cancellation on OCTOBER 7, 2013 when it LMA'd Sports KESN (ESPN DALLAS 103.3 FM) from ESPN. A previous petition was dismissed on the grounds that WHITLEY and NORTH TEXAS, the party to which WHITLEY had agreed to sell the station, lacked standing and could not force SUSQUEHANNA to sell or keep the license.
The FCC also granted the sale of debtor-in-possession FREE LANCE-STAR PUBLISHING CO. OF FREDERICKSBURG, VA's stations -- Country WFLS, News-Talk WNTX-A-W246BS, Top 40/Rhythmic WVBX (99.3 THE VIBE), and Classic Rock WWUZ (96.9 THE ROCK)/FREDERICKSBURG, VA -- to creditor SANDTON CAPITAL's FREE LANCE-STAR LICENSE, INC., conditioned on coming into compliance with the newspaper-broadcast cross-ownership rule within 12 months, meaning that the licensee must spin off either the radio stations or the FREE LANCE-STAR daily newspaper. The buyer had applied for a waiver of the rule but was turned down.