Sales And Marketing Agreement Turns Into Ownership Of Ohio Station
February 2, 2015 at 11:59 AM (PT)
DAVID L. WILSON is selling Classic Rock WBIK/PLEASANT CITY, OH to JOEL LOSEGO's AVC COMMUNICATIONS, INC. for $246,650. in a promissory note. AVC has been operating the station under a Sales and Marketing Agreement since 2002.
In other filings with the FCC, BUCKLEY COMMUNICATIONS, INC. has requested a Silent STA for KIDD-A/MONTEREY, CA while it seeks a buyer for the station, the only local facility it did not sell off and which needs tower replacement.
FIFTH AVENUE BROADCASTING CO., INC. has applied for an extension of its Silent STA for WCMI-A/ASHLAND, KY, which was taken off the air by a tornado on JUNE 10th.
CALVARY CHAPEL OF TWIN FALLS, INC. has filed for a Silent STA for K213EH/DURHAM-CHICO, CA while it awaits grant of its move to a new site.
SALEM's PENNSYLVANIA MEDIA ASSOCIATES has requested an extension of its Silent STA for K288BI/DELTONA, FL while it builds its facility on a new frequency to avoid interference with communications between aircraft and nearby airport towers.
CHRISTOPHER FALLETTI has closed on the sale of the construction permits for new FMs at WAKEENEY, KS and CHEYENNE and COVINGTON, OK to ONE MEDIA, INC. for $85,000. ONE MEDIA, INC. has also closed on the purchases of KSHQ/DEERFIELD, MO, KRDR/ALVA, OK, and construction permits for a new FM at ALTHEIMER, AR and two new FMs at PINE BLUFF, AR from PATRICK PARKER for $120,000.
STARBOARD MEDIA FOUNDATION, INC. has closed on the sale of W258CK/YOUNGSTOWN, OH to PERCY SQUIRE's SANDBLAST, L.P. (assignee of STOP 26 RIVERBEND COMMUNICATIONS) for $20,000.
FAITH COMMUNICATIONS NETWORK, INC. has closed on the sale of W247BZ/LEWISBURG, WV to RADIO GREENBRIER, LLC for $10. The translator will rebroadcast Sports WSLW-A (THE RED ZONE 1310)/WHITE SULPHUR SPRINGS, WV.
UNITED AUDIO CORP. has closed on the sale of Easy Listening KNXR/ROCHESTER, MN to GREG JENSEN's HOMETOWN BROADCASTING OF ROCHESTER, INC.
BIBLE BAPTIST COLLEGE, INC. has closed on the sale of noncommercial KWFC/SPRINGFIELD, MO to RADIO TRAINING NETWORK, INC. for $1,301,000 ($845,000 cash, $456,000 worth of underwriting spots valued at $25/spot). GREG GUY and JASON JAMES of PATRICK COMMUNICATIONS served as brokers for the seller in the deal.
The sale by PEMBROOK PINES, INC. of Country WZKZ (KZ102)/ALFRED-WELLSVILLE, NY to SOUND COMMUNICATIONS, LLC for $130,000 has closed. DICK FOREMAN of RICHARD A. FOREMAN ASSOCIATES, INC. served as exclusive broker for the deal.
And COVENANT NETWORK has closed on the sale of W243DF/DECATUR, IL to ST. MARY'S HOSPITAL, DECATUR.
The Commission also granted low power FM construction permits to:
- GAINESVILLE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH, GAINESVILLE, FL
- NUEVA JERUSALEN CHURCH, HOUSTON, TX
- CENTRO CRISTIANO NUEVO AMANECER A.D., PASADENA, TX
- IGLESIA CENTRO DE LIBERACION, SOUTH HOUSTON, TX
- THE ROCK CHURCH OF HOLLYWOOD INC, PEMBROKE PINES, FL
- LIVING FREE IN CHRIST CHURCH, INC., COCOA, FL
- FLOWING STREAMS CHURCH, VERO BEACH, FL
- CALVARY CHAPEL OF ORANGE PARK, INC., ORANGE PARK, FL
- PUENTE DE PAZ, FAYETTEVILLE, AR
- EAST TEXAS BAPTIST UNIVERSITY, MARSHALL, TX
- VOZ LATINA BROADCASTING INC., ORLANDO, FL
- CALVARY CHAPEL OF VERO BEACH, INC., VERO BEACH, FL
- DENTON HOLIDAY FESTIVAL ASSOCIATION, INC., DENTON, TX
- ALL AFRICAN PEOPLE'S DEVELOPMENT AND EMPOWERMENT PROJECT, ST. PETERSBURG, FL
- NEW VISION OUTREACH & PERFORMING ARTS MINISTRIES, LOGANVILLE, GA
- IGLESIA CUIDAD DE REFUGIO Y RESTAURACION INC., BENTONVILLE, AR
- HOPEWELL MISSIONARY BAPTIST CHURCH, NORCROSS, GA
- BREAD OF LIFE, INC., HOUSTON, TX
- EDWARDS BROADCASTING, OKLAHOMA CITY, OK
- MONTANA ETHICAL HACKERS, HELENA, MT
And in CANADA, the CRTC approved the downgrade of CBC RADIO ONE rebroadcaster CBCL-FM-1/TILLSONBURG, ON (southeast of LONDON, south of WOODSTOCK) fron 2,060 to 1,320 watts and from 78.9 to 3.5 meters above average terrain because the station lost its original transmitter site. CBCL-FM-1 rebroadcasts CBCL-F/LONDON, ON.