Eleven Seven Music Group Welcomes Better Noise Records
February 11, 2015 at 3:54 AM (PT)
ELEVEN SEVEN MUSIC GROUP has doubled down and formed a new rock label -- BETTER NOISE. ELEVEN SEVEN has been a force in Rock with five artists in the MEDIABASE Active Rock charts at the end of 2014, multiple artists in the BILLBOARD year-end charts -- mainstream rock songs, hard rock albums and rock airplay songs and a POLLSTAR top grossing rock tour of 2014.
BETTER NOISE will be ESMG's avenue for some exciting new Rock artists and will be included in the group's distribution deal with RED/SONY in the U.S., ADA the EU SONY in AUSTRALIA, SOUTHEAST ASIA and SOUTH AMERICA as well as UNIVERSAL in CANADA and JAPAN.
Some familiar names will be among BETTER NOISE's new staff:
- SHANNA FISCHER, known for her prior work at WIND UP RECORDS, will be heading up promotion for the newly formed imprint.
- PAUL CIBRANO, with experience in artist management, PR and marketing, will be responsible for marketing at the label.
- CASEY CORRIGAN, most recently with UNIVERSAL MUSIC, will be the Publicity contact for BETTER NOISE artists.
- AJ KASEN, previously with LAVA Records, will be responsible for A&R.
- HARRIS MASOOD,previously with the NBA, will be Director of Finance for the label.
- ANTHONY DORING worked in promotion with STEVE KLINE and in digital media at ESMG prior to joining the digital team at BETTER NOISE, working on opportunities with music streaming platforms.
- ALEXANDRA COMITO, previously at CORNERSTONE AGENCY, will be Dir./Digital Marketing.
- JASON BURGER, who has worked in International marketing and production at ESMG, will be Dir./Label Operations and Production for BETTER NOISE.
- DINA RENDSBURG will be the Label Coordinator for BETTER NOISE.
ESMG GM ROSE SLANIC said, "I am excited about this new venture. Going through the hiring process, I feel we have found a team of passionate radio, PR, digital, A&R and marketing folks, who will elevate their artists' careers."
ESMG CEO ALLEN KOVAC welcomes BETTER NOISE saying, "It's a thrill to have the opportunity to continue to increase job opportunities in the rock music industry. I am thrilled to work with ROSE and the team on upcoming releases.The label’s first release will be "Shadowmaker" from APOCALYPTICA, coming out on APRIL 21st. Albums from ART OF DYING, FROM ASHES TO NEW and DEUCE are among what is expected this year."
The BETTER NOISE staff is equally excited about the collaboration. SHANNA FISCHER said, "The ESMG team has always been known for a strong commitment to the rock genre and enthusiasm for great music. BETTER NOISE has a great lineup of releases that are right in the pocket for our radio partners. I can't wait to get started!"
CIBRANO added, "Working for a company that has such continuous growth in a shrinking industry is remarkable and exciting. There is some great music coming down the pipeline for BETTER NOISE RECORDS that's going to change the industry landscape."
The world of Rock music is familiar with ELEVEN SEVEN MUSIC GROUP's track record:
GARY SPIVACK and DANNY WIMMER of ROCK HOUSE PRESENTS said, "More than ever our rock n roll community is in need of visionaries. Because in 2015 that is what it takes to win ELEVEN SEVEN MUSIC GROUP could easily rest on their many past (and current) successes, but that's not their style. They are forward thinking and back up their words with the hunger that it takes to succeed. As producers of ROCK ON THE RANGE, CAROLINA REBELLION, LOUDER THAN LIFE, AFTERSHOCK and others we know an ELEVEN SEVEN band is going to have the support and backing to give that band their very best shot. That is important to us. We wish them the best of luck with the debut of BETTER NOISE."
ODYSSEY MUSIC NETWORK Manager ULYSSES HUPPAUFF said, "We chose to align with ELEVEN SEVEN MUSIC GROUP in several territories because they are at the top of their game in rock music internationally. Their growth and addition of BETTER NOISE to their associated labels creates a home where APOCALYPTICA will be highlighted and we couldn't be happier to be their first release."
SIRIUSXM VP/Music Programming GREGG STEELE said, "The important moves made by savvy industry leaders like ALLEN KOVAC will create opportunities for positive traction within Rock music in today's music industry landscape. The creation of BETTER NOISE among the ELEVEN SEVEN team will help to pave the road for better music making its way to more and more people, and show how Rock music can be a viable format and successful for both artists AND labels."