Apple Watch Unveiled At Showcase
March 9, 2015 at 12:25 PM (PT)
As expected, APPLE used today's product showcase to spotlight the debut of the APPLE WATCH. Made of either anodized aluminum, stainless steel or 18K gold, the watch gives users access to most-frequented info -- weather, calendar, music controls, heartrate -- as well as the ability to receive e-mails and calls. It boasts 18 hours of battery life.
ARSTECHNICA.COM, one of several sites that blogged the event, reported that the APPLE WATCH comes in three models:
* The APPLE WATCH Sport, which comes in Aluminum, in Silver and Space Grey, runs $349 for smaller model and $399 for larger models.
* The stainless steel APPLE WATCH, which runs from $549-$1049 for the 38mm watch, while the 42mm will go for $599-$1,099.
* The limited APPLE WATCH Edition, with cases made from solid gold, will be priced from *$10,000* and only be available in select retail stores.
Pre-orders begin APRIL 10th, with a retail debut set for APRIL 24th.
New Mac Notebook, New Apple TV Offerings
Of course, COOK used the occasion to spotlight other new APPLE toys. Chief among them:
* A brand new MAC notebook that's lighter (weighs just two pounds). thinner (from 17 mm thick to 13 mm), with a more sensitive, larger pixel aperture, a better trackpad that enables you to track signatures. Touted as "the world's most energy-efficient notebook," the new MAC comes in silver, space grey, and gold and runs from $1,299-1,599.
* The price of APPLE TV is lowered to $69 as the company announced an exclusive agreement with HBO for its stand-alone streaming service, HBO NOW. For $14.99 a month, users will have access to all past, present, and future HBO shows, as well as movies.