EMF Buys High Desert Noncommercial FM, L.A.-Area Translators
May 11, 2015 at 11:32 AM (PT)
LIFE ON THE WAY COMMUNICATIONS, INC. is selling noncommercial Religion KTLW/LANCASTER, CA and its translators K220HC/STUDIO CITY (LOS ANGELES, from the KYSR tower in the HOLLYWOOD HILLS), CA, K220FR/SIMI VALLEY, CA, and K205EP/SANTA CLARITA, CA to EDUCATIONAL MEDIA FOUNDATION for $1.075 million.
In other filings with the FCC, ALPHA & OMEGA COMMUNICATIONS, LLC is selling Regional Mexican KMRI-A (EXITOS 1550)/WEST VALLEY CITY, UT to AASAA MEDIA LLC for $275,000. The buyer programs the station under a Time Brokerage Agreement.
RODNEY D. TOW, bankruptcy trustee for ABLE RADIO CORP., is selling the construction permit for a new FM at AGUILA, AZ to MATINEE MEDIA CORP. for $332,500. MATINEE outbid JMRW, LLC and ENTRAVISION to buy the permit for the station, which will serve the WICKENBURG area northwest of PHOENIX.
BOCOCK COMMUNICATIONS, LLC has applied to the FCC for an extension of its Silent STA for WHGS-A/HAMPTON, SC due to transmitter failure.
CHARLOTTE ADVENT MEDIA CORP. has requested a Silent STA for recently-acquired WGFY-A/CHARLOTTE, NC while it builds a new studio.
JER LICENSES, LLC has closed on the sale of Silent KZLL/LOG LANE VILLAGE, CO to NORTHEAST COLORADO BROADCASTING, LLC for $70,000.
ROWAN MEDIA INC. has closed on the sale of WSTP-A/SALISBURY, NC to WILLIAM MARC GRAHAM's 2B PRODUCTIONS, LLC for $236,000
And ZION MULTIMEDIA OREGON CORP. has closed on the sale of Spanish Religion KXOR-A (RADIO ZION)/JUNCTION CITY, OR to MINISTERIO LLAMADA FINAL for payment of the balance owed by the seller to the prior licensee.
The FCC also deleted several stations' licenses due to the stations being silent beyond the deadlines for their return to the air. Among the deletions were:
- JAMES L. PRIMM, KORL-A/HONOLULU, HI
- SKY HIGH BROADCASTING, K227BA/TRUTH OR CONSEQUENCES, NM
- LIVING PROOF INC., K209EU/LAYTONVILLE, CA
- SHOWERS OF BLESSINGS RADIO, K281AY/PAGO PAGO, AS
- OREGON STATE BOARD OF HIGHER EDUCATION FOR THE UNIVERSITY OF OREGON, K217BZ/GRANTS PASS, OR
- BIBLE BROADCASTING NETWORK, INC., W261AN/BLACKSBURG, VA
- BOARD OF TRUSTEES OF THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS, K234AC/BATESVILLE, AR
- CALVARY CHAPEL OF TWIN FALLS, INC., W206AI/LAKE VILLA, IL
- GROWING CHRISTIAN FOUNDATION, K221EY/BEND, OR
Also, the construction permit for low power FM KOAV-LP/CANON CITY, CO was cancelled and the callsign deleted at the request of permittee FREMONT COUNTY COMMUNITY RADIO, INC.
And the Commission ruled in challenges to seven groups of mutually exclusive applications for permits for new noncommercial educational FMs, as follows:
- Section 307(b) fair distribution challenges: Dismissed THE HELPLINE's Petition for Reconsideration at HARRISONVILLE, MO and Petition for Review at FORT MORGAN, CO, declining to consider post-window amendments filed by HELPLINE; reversed its grant of a new FM at EAST BERNARD, TX to MICHAEL ATHERTON MINISTRIES, INC. d/b/a CHRIST IS LIFE CHURCH and instead granted an application by AUSTIN AIRWAVES, INC. at ELLINGER, TX; and withdrew a grant for AMERICAN FAMILY ASSOCIATION, INC. at VALPARAISO, IN and granted a new station at the same location to CSN INTERNATIONAL (based on a petition to deny by a third applicant, WBEZ ALLIANCE, which did not win the permit).
- Established Local Applicant Challenge: Reversed the selection of MARFA PUBLIC RADIO for a new FM at MARFA, TX and granted the Petition to Deny by HOUSTON CHRISTIAN BROADCASTERS, which won based on its challenge to MFR's claim of being local to MARFA.
- Diversity-Contingent Divestiture Commitments: Denied the TALKING INFORMATION CENTER's letter asking for review of the denial of its Petition to Deny the application of the UNIVERSITY OF MASSACHUSETTS for a new station at MARSHFIELD, MA, calling the pledge of TIC board member and AC/full service WATD-F/MARSHFIELD owner ED PERRY to resign automatically from the TIC board defective because it was filed too late.
- Established Local Applicant Documentation Challenge: Denied the Petition for Review filed by DOWN EAST COMMUNICATIONS/CDC & CENTER FOR PERFORMING ARTS against the grant of a new station at NEWPORT, NC to BRICE'S CREEK BIBLE CHURCH.