Bandsintown: 7 Ways Music Fans Are Shaping The Industry's Digital Space
June 5, 2015 at 11:51 AM (PT)
BANDSINTOWN CEO FABRICE SERGENT shared a survey of his company's customers on a MIDEM panel, "How Digital Innovation Enhances The LIve Music Business" today.
The findings, dubbed "7 Ways Music Fans Are Shaping The Industry's Digital Space," included the following observations:
* Last year, 45% of BANDSINTOWN users had been to a show of an artist they had never heard before, up from 20% in 2013.
* More than half of the respondents (55%) say they are open to receiving mobile alerts during a concert.
* 57% will travel over 50 miles to see their favorite and play.
* One-third of respondents have watched a live show while streaming it online.
* One-third spend over $50 on concerts per month.
* 80% go to more shows after installing BANDSINTOWN. On average, BANDSINTOWN users go to six more shows per year.
* 53% buy concert tickets the minute they go on sale.