RAIN Summit And NAB/RAB Radio Show Kick Off Tomorrow In Atlanta
September 28, 2015 at 3:41 AM (PT)
It's a big week in ATLANTA, as both the RAIN SUMMIT and the NAB/RAB RADIO SHOW get underway on TUESDAY (9/29).
KURT HANSON and BRAD HILL host the RAIN SUMMIT, a partner event to THE RADIO SHOW. The TUESDAY agenda:
- 10:00-10:45a: Registration Check-in
- 11:00-11:45a: Panel, Podcasts Are The New Black. STEVE GOLDSTEIN, Founder/CEO (AMPLIFI MEDIA) hosts ROBERT PROCTOR, CEO (AUDIOBOOM); ROB GREENLEE, Head of Content (SPREAKER); KIT GRAY, Pres. (PODCASTONE); BRENDAN MONAGHAN, CEO (PANOPLY); JOHN MACLEOD, CEO (RIVET RADIO).
- 11:45-11:55a: PECHA KUCHA
- 11:55a-12:40p: Panel, Re-positioning Online Audio for Mobile. JAMES CRIDLAND, Radio Futurologist, Managing Director (MEDIA.INFO)hosts BRYAN MOFFETT, General Manager (NATIONAL PUBLIC MEDIA); LISA NAMEROW, SVP/Business Development & Publisher Relations (XAPPMEDIA); CHERYL LUCANEGRO, VP/Sales (SOUNDHOUND); RYAN BURGOYNE, CEO, (COMMOTION), GADI MAZOR, Founder/CEO (NOBEX TECHNOLOGIES).
- 12:40-1p: Break
- 1-1:35p: Panel, Digital Drivers of Radio Revenue. MICHAEL FISCHER, Dir./Business Development (RAIN) hosts JENNIFER WILLIAMS, Dir./Interactive Marketing (GREATER MEDIA); SHANNON ALLEN, VP/Digital Sales (FEDERATED MEDIA); ANTHONY BRATTI, SVP/Business Development (BUZZBOARD); ROB KASS, VP/Product Leadership, Digital Audio (NIELSEN).
- 1:35-2:05p: Keynote. JAKE SHAPIRO, CEO of PRX, the largest public radio market for audio.
- 2:05-2:20p: Research Presentation: ROGER LANCTOT, STRATEGY ANALYTICS.
- 2:20-2:40p: Break
- 2:40-3:10p Interview: MATT CUTAIR and JENNIFER HUNGERBUHLER
- 3:10-3:55p: Panel, Simulcast Strategies. JOHN GEHRON, COO (ACCURADIO) hosts SUSIE HEDRICK, VP/Radio Sales (WIDEORBIT); BILL HANSEN, SVP/Sales Operations (CUMULUS); TIM MURPHY, VP/Digital Strategy & Enterprise Platforms (ENTERCOM); CAROLYN GILBERT, Founder/Pres. (NUVOODOO MEDIA); MATT NYSTROM, VP/Digital Media (SAGA COMMUNICATIONS).
- 3:55-4:15p: Break
- 4:15-5p: Panel, Online Audio’s Programmatic Path. BRAD HILL, VP/Managing Editor (RAIN) hosts MIKE O’NEIL, VP/Programmatic Sales (TRITON DIGITAL); DAVE SMITH, VP/Pricing & Yield Management (PANDORA); CORDIE DEPASCALE, VP/Product Management (MEDIAOCEAN); MANNY RODRIGUEZ, VP/Media Buying Dir. (22SQUARED).
- 5-5:15p: Research Presentation: RADHA SUBRAMANYAM/iHEARTMEDIA
- 5:15-5:45p: Keynote, KURT HANSON, Publisher of RAIN NEWS
- 5:45-6p: Rain Awards Presentation Presented by KURT HANSON and BRAD HILL
- 6-7p: Cocktail Reception in the Foyer
The NAB and RAB note, "We’re putting the 'rad' in radio with an exciting lineup of events featuring luminaries from across the business. Prepare to be entertained by some of the hottest performers in the business at the NAB MARCONI RADIO AWARDS, where radio's finest are honored. Don’t miss the many parties and receptions where you can network with business partners and meet new colleagues."
THE RADIO SHOW's highlights include:
- Radio Show Kick-off Party – TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 29th, 7:30p
- Radio Luncheon – WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 30th, 11:30a
- WEDNESDAY Headliner – WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 30th, 4p
- Marketplace Mixer – WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 30th, 5p
- Advertiser Breakfast – THURSDAY, OCTOBER 1st, 7:30a
- Lunch in the Marketplace – THURSDAY, OCTOBER 1st, 12:30p
- NAB MARCONI RADIO AWARDS Dinner & Show – THURSDAY, OCTOBER 1st, 6p
- Music and Mimosas FRIDAY Sign-off – FRIDAY, OCTOBER 2nd, 9a