Steve Goldstein: 6 Important Takeaways About Audio From CES
January 11, 2016 at 6:14 AM (PT)
AMPLIFI's STEVEN GOLDSTEIN blogs that, "CES is an overwhelming spectacle of 170,000 people, and an array of robotic dogs, hoverboards, drones, 4G TV's, refrigerators that can talk, start-up companies, health apps and connected clothes (yes, a huge UNDER ARMOUR display). Here are a few distilled thoughts that pertain to audio and how it will be consumed in the near future."
- The autonomous car is coming, but not yet.
- Connected Car is here
- The marketing for auto companies is all about connectivity
- Hi-Res audio may be a thing
- TV has gone from corporate to consumer control
- Digital video is on track to be the dominant choice by 2020
Read his full take on these subjects here.