Z90/San Diego Presents #EPIC48Hours
March 28, 2016 at 4:37 PM (PT)
Kudos to the hard working team at SD LOCAL Top 40 XHTZ (Z90)/SAN DIEGO who recently presented listeners with an incredible promotion.
The mystery and suspense of #EPIC48Hours was unreal, with thousands of listeners entering at the Z90 website to win a prize that was grand in every sense. The station provided listeners zero advance details, except three rules: 1) be ready to leave at a moment’s notice; 2) be ready to go anywhere; 3) be ready to do anything. Oh, and one guarantee: the most #EPIC48Hours of their life.
The adventure began last FRIDAY (3/25) when Z90 morning host RICK MORTON, along with a dozen runners, assistants and cast members, plus a convoy of limos, SUVs, vans and buses, descended upon the workplace of listener MELISSA H. from nearby SANTEE, CA, to declare her the winner. She and a good friend immediately boarded a luxury Limo-Bus and their #EPIC48Hours began.
The final itinerary included:
- Visit to DISNEYLAND and a FASTPASS to experience the new STAR WARS SPACE MOUNTAIN ride.
- Courtside LAKERS tickets, embroidered team jerseys, personally handed over by NICK JONAS, and admission to the Chairman’s Room before the game.
- A corner suite overnight stay at the HOLLYWOOD ROOSEVELT.
- Dinner at the famous PUMP restaurant, seated next to LISA VANDERPUMP and LANCE BASS from NSYNC.
- VIP table at OHM NIGHTCLUB, above the KODAK THEATER in HOLLYWOOD.
- Private plane service from BURBANK to LAS VEGAS.
- A private recording studio visit with DJ MUSTARD to listen to new, never-before-heard tracks from his forthcoming album.
- PLANET HOLLYWOOD remodeled hotel room with view of the infamous VEGAS STRIP.
- $1,000 shopping spree at MIRACLE MILE SHOPS and private in-room styling by GLAM SQUAD.
- VIP soundcheck and meet & greet with X-AMBASSADORS at THE FOUNDRY, and guitar autographed and presented by the band.
- Sunset ride in a private car on the HIGH ROLLER FERRIS WHEEL at the LINQ HOTEL & CASINO.
- Five-star dinner in private dining room at BLT STEAKHOUSE.
- A private meeting with PITBULL, floor tickets to his performance at AXIS THEATER at PLANET HOLLYWOOD, and $1,000 chip to play roulette -- gifted and personally handed to the winners from PITBULL, who told them to, "Bet on black, to match my suit!"
- VIP entry to OMNIA NIGHTCLUB at CAESARS PALACE.
- Sunday morning full body massage at PLANET HOLLYWOOD’s SPA BY MANDERA.
- Private plane service returning to SAN DIEGO.
The winners made it home safe (and exhausted) on SUNDAY and shared their story with the Z90 listeners this morning during "MORTON IN THE MORNING."
Z90 PD R DUB said, "In my 23 years in radio, I have never been part of a promotion this absolutely massive! In fact, I’m not sure I’ve even seen or heard any radio promotion this big ... anywhere. A huge thank you to the many people who made #EPIC48Hours truly 'epic,' including every department here at SD LOCAL, our record label partners, and valued clients. Too many people to thank individually, but each was instrumental in pulling this off."
R DUB then added, "Wait ‘til you see the next one."
While you wait for a full video recap to go live soon, you can watch this teaser here.