BIA/Kelsey Finds Radio Revenue Down Slightly, WTOP/Washington, D.C. Back On Top As Nation's Top Biller
March 30, 2016 at 7:40 AM (PT)
BIA/KELSEY has released the 1st-quarter edition of their "Investing In Radio Market Report," with great news for HUBBARD BROADCASTING News WTOP/WASHINGTON, D.C. The station is the top biller nationwide again -- the fifth time in the last six years.
The new report finds Radio revenue totaled $14.7 billion In 2015 -- down slightly from 2014, which BIA/KELSEY said was $14.9 billion. The 2015 breakout found $14 billion in revenue came from over-the-air advertising, down from $14.3 billion in 2014. On the digital side, revenues were up to $710 million, versus $636 million in 2014.
“Despite declining OTA revenues, radio remains an important part of the local marketing mix, as the fourth largest local media segment, with more than 10% of the local ad revenue pie,” said SVP/Chief Economist MARK FRATRIK. “We do expect a slight bump in overall U.S. radio revenues this year, boosted by political spending and double-digit increases in online revenues.”
The Top 10 Billers
- HUBBARD RADIO News WTOP/WASHINGTON, D,C,: $65 million
- iHEARTMEDIA Top 40 KIIS/LOS ANGELES: $64.7 million
- iHEARTMEDIA Top 40 WHTZ (Z100)/NEW YORK: $48.8 million
- CBS RADIO Sports WFAN/NEW YORK: $47 million
- CBS RADIO News WCBS-A/NEW YORK: $45 million
- CBS RADIO News WBBM-A/CHICAGO: $43.8 million
- iHEARTMEDIA Hot AC KBIG/LOS ANGELES: $43.6 million
- iHEARTMEDIA AC WLTW/NEW YORK: $40 million
- CBS RADIO News WINS-A/NEW YORK: $39.5 million
- iHEARTMEDIA News-Talk KFI-A/LOS ANGELES: $37.8 million
iHEARTMEDIA News-Talk KFI-A/LOS ANGELES knocked CBS RADIO Alternative KROQ/LOS ANGELES out of the top 10.