Slacker To Feature 'Interactive Storytelling From Its Hosts And Top Artists'
May 26, 2016 at 4:03 AM (PT)
SLACKER RADIO has rolled out a new version of its application that gives top billing to SLACKER's exclusive original shows. With hundreds of episodes now available, SLACKER is building an archive of content that is based on interactive storytelling from its hosts and top artists.
"Since our inception, SLACKER has been focused on reinventing the radio experience, an attribute that sets us apart from other terrestrial, Internet radio or satellite music services," said CEO DUNCAN ORRELL-JONES. "We believe the magic of music listening does not come from the music catalog alone, rather the way in which the song is delivered to the listener. "The latest version of SLACKER is all about providing an interactive combination of music, personality and storytelling, that can't be found in any other music service today."
With the new release, SLACKER is showcasing 12 original shows which boast over 250 interactive episodes. This initial wave of original content includes:
- THE COUNT-UP: Over 100 episodes showcasing the biggest songs from major artists, as dictated by the listening patterns of SLACKER users
- RANKED: SLACKER curators bring you the best, worst, funniest and weirdest from the intersection of music & pop culture, with topics like "44 Greatest Living Guitar Gods" and "The 55 Most Controversial Songs of All Time"
- ARTIST DNA: Take a journey into what makes your favorite artists tick, with a mixture of music and expert commentary. New episodes are added weekly covering every major artist (new and old) from every genre
- THE TWENTY: Pop culture, holidays, current events: these are 20 songs with a unifying theme, such as "East Coast Hip Hop" and "Songs Dads Like"
- GOES TO 11: Musicians talk about their inspirations and tell the stories behind their favorite artists and songs
- THROWBACK THIRTY: A countdown of the hottest SLACKER songs from five years ago, updated the first THURSDAY of each month with flashback commentary on what we're all talking about and listening to
- I AM THE DJ: Leading artists curate and host their own stations, featuring stories, music and surprises