Production Music Conference Back For Third Year
June 22, 2016 at 12:20 PM (PT)
The PRODUCTION MUSIC ASSOCIATION (PMA) will present its PRODUCTION MUSIC CONFERENCE (PMC) for a third consecutive year, this time at the LE MERIDIEN DELFINA in SANTA MONICA, OCTOBER 17th-18th. The expanded two-day conference will host business, creative and technology panels featuring the best and brightest in the Production Music world with industry panels, educational seminars featuring noted music professionals, and networking events.
New features include one-on-one meetings with a professional, hosted roundtable discussions with professionals, and nearby networking and meeting spaces. The goal is to bring the PM community together and provide actionable solutions.
PMA board member JOEL GOODMAN will host a discussion with musician and outspoken artists’ rights activist DAVID LOWERY and LAKESHORE RECORDS' BRIAN McNELIS about the ongoing challenges to how music is valued in today’s market.
The topics covered this year at PMC will include:
- Recording, Mixing, and Mastering techniques for production music
- The Future of Global Rights and Global Licensing
- The Future of Television: Emerging Revenue Streams for a New Era
- Hack-A-Thon: 60 Minutes to Solve the Future of Music Monitoring and Monetization
- Production Music Piracy and How to Know if your Music is being Pirated
- The Pros and Cons of Covers, Remixes, Custom Tracks for Music in Movie Trailers
- Advertising: Sync'ing Up the Ins and Outs of Music in Ads
Registration is available at pmamusic.com/pmc2016/.
The conference will conclude with the MARK AWARDS, honoring outstanding production music in 24 categories. Named in honor of the late ANDY MARK, who was a library owner and founding member of the PMA, the AWARDS recognize the very best in production music.
Submissions are now open. Entries can be submitted to www.awardcore.com/pma/.