National Radio Hall Of Fame Announces 2016 Class Of Inductees
July 11, 2016 at 3:37 AM (PT)
Voting results for the 2016 NATIONAL RADIO HALL OF FAME’s 24 nominations in six categories are in. Four of those categories were decided by a voting participant panel comprised of 400 industry professionals. The other two categories, Music Format On-Air Personality and Spoken Word On-Air Personality, were voted on by the public.
The 2016 inductees are:
- ERIC & KATHY (ERIC FERGUSON & KATHY HART), WTMX (101.9FM THE MIX)/CHICAGO, Active Local/Regional, 10+ years
- JEFF & JER (JEFF DETROW & JERRY CESAK), KYXY/SAN DIEGO, Longstanding Local/Regional, 20+ years
- STEVE HARVEY, THE STEVE HARVEY MORNING SHOW; syndicated by PREMIERE NETWORKS, Active Network/Syndication, 10+ years
- DELILAH, syndicated by PREMIERE NETWORKS, Longstanding Network/Syndication, 20+ years
- BOB KINGSLEY, BOB KINGSLEY’S COUNTRY TOP 40; syndicated by WESTWOOD ONE, Music Format On-Air Personality
- MICHAEL SAVAGE, THE SAVAGE NATION; syndicated by WESTWOOD ONE, Spoken Word On-Air Personality
Additionally, THE NATIONAL RADIO HALL OF FAME nominating committee voted to induct four individuals for their contribution to the industry. Those inductees are:
- GEORGE G. BEASLEY, Chairman/CEO/Founder of BEASLEY BROADCAST GROUP, INC.
- KIDD KRADDICK, the late beloved national air personality and founder of KIDD’S KIDS CHARITY
- TONY ROBERTS, former sportscaster and play-by-play announcer for NOTRE DAME Football
- NEIL ROGERS, the late legendary SOUTHERN FLORIDA air personality
NATIONAL RADIO HALL OF FAME Chairman KRAIG T. KITCHIN comments, “This year’s class of inductees represents the diversity that makes radio so personal, entertaining, and impactful. We all very much appreciate everyone who participated in this process as we welcome the very best in our business into THE NATIONAL RADIO HALL OF FAME.” The black-tie optional induction ceremony takes place at the home of THE NATIONAL RADIO HALL OF FAME – THE MUSEUM OF BROADCAST COMMUNICATIONS in downtown CHICAGO, from 6-9p on THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 17th. Tickets are now available here. A portion of ticket purchases is a tax deductible charitable donation to the MUSEUM.