Integr8 Research: Beware Of Streaming Data
July 13, 2016 at 4:00 AM (PT)
In its latest blog post, INTEGR8 RESEARCH cautions against relying too much on streaming music data for a variety of reasons. In "The Limitations of Using Streaming Data to Pick New Music" post, MATT BAILEY cited four reasons why streaming music data can be misleading or misconstrued.
- Streaming data only shows the positive, not the negative;
- it sometimes misses when people are getting sick of a song;
- it doesn’t tell you if a lot of people are playing a song, or if a few people are playing it over and over and over;
- it isn’t inherently ahead of the curve; and
- it can be subject to record labels’ launch strategies.
Read the entire post here.