Nielsen's Latest Music 360 Report Finds Growing Hispanic Consumption
September 15, 2016 at 10:56 AM (PT)
NIELSEN ENTERTAINMENT has just released their 5th Annual MUSIC 360 REPORT, providing an in-depth look at U.S. music fans. The report focuses on several key areas, including Branded Music Sponsorships, Overall Music Popularity, Politics, and Super Fans.
Among their findings:
• 80% of Music Listeners used an online music service in the last 12 months (up from 75% in 2015)
• Hispanics spend 90% more on music than the general population
• Hispanics dominate live music event attendance, particularly when it comes to club events
• Paid streamers are approximately twice as likely to view a music or media company favorably for sponsoring a playlist
• Music fans are listening to more music in 2016 (10% increase over 2015)
• Live music sponsorship gets highest favorability ratings amongst all festival goers
You can see a summary of the report here.