Emmis/New York Circle of Sisters Expo To Feature Culinary Corner
September 30, 2016 at 5:36 AM (PT)
EMMIS/NEW YORK Urban AC WBLS, Gospel WLIB-A and Top 40/Rhythmic WQHT (HOT 97), will host CIRCLE OF SISTERS EXPO 2016 on SATURDAY, OCTOBER 15th and SUNDAY, OCTOBER 16th, at the JACOB JAVITS CENTER (NET NEWS 8/4). One of the featured events will be WBLS/WLIB’s own Chef, NIKKI SHAW hosting celebrity chefs in the in HEALTHFIRST CULINARY CORNER.
Saturday, October 15th
- 10:30a: Celebrity Chef VONDA MCPHERSON: Her ground-breaking cuisine has quickly made her a household name. She was the official 2014 VIP NFL caterer, has appeared on the Food Channel, and is a fixture throughout the NJ/NY metropolitan region showcasing her talents.
- 11:45a: Former NBA Champion, talk-show host and health/wellness activist, JOHN SALLEY, shares his secrets to staying fit through his vegan diet. He will be joined on stage by Chef BRENDA BEENER of SEASONED VEGAN to share how going vegan is a must for increased athletic performance, longevity, a better environment and simply what is necessary for healthy living.
- 1p: Celebrity Chef MELBA WILSON specializes in comfort food served with a side of hometown hospitality. She is the premier American comfort food restaurant expert in NYC and beyond, and has appeared on the Food Network and CNBC.
- 2:15p: HEALTHFIRST demonstration
- 3:30p: BBQ Sauce King BOBBY BROWN adds a new title to his list of credits. Join the R&B singer-songwriter, rapper and dancer for his latest venture: BBQ SAUCE KING! From recording and reality TV star to creating the perfect BBQ sauce, BOBBY kicks it up on stage.
- 5:45p: Internationally acclaimed chef, RON DUPRAT, is best known as one of the top competitors on BRAVO TV’s “TOP CHEF”. During his seasons competition in LAS VEGAS, DUPRAT amazed judges with his exotic flavors, combining his rich HAITIAN heritage with FRENCH ASIAN influences.
Sunday, October 16th
- Noon: Celebrity Chef PAT NEELY is a restaurateur, television personality and best-selling author.
- 1p: HEALTHFIRST demonstration
- 3:30p: SUNNY ANDERSON is a FOOD NETWORK personality. She began hosting "HOW’D THAT GET ON MY PLATE?", "COOKING FOR REAL", and served as co-host on the FOOD NETWORK’s "GOTTA GET IT”
For more information concerning all the events, click here.