As Entercom Enters Charlotte, Keith Larson, Jim Barroll Exit WBT, Jim Celania Retires From WFNZ
November 1, 2016 at 4:05 AM (PT)
Longtime GREATER MEDIA News-Talk WBT-A-F/CHARLOTTE 9a-noon (ET) host KEITH LARSON has been let go as the station transfers to new owner ENTERCOM this week. The CHARLOTTE OBSERVER's MARK WASHBURN reports that LARSON was told he was being let go after MONDAY's show. LARSON had been with the station for 14 years; he told WASHBURN that he will continue his LARSON ADVERTISING AND MEDIA ASSOCIATES (LAMA) business and hopes to continue his column in the OBSERVER.
Also exiting as ENTERCOM enters is News Director JIM BARROLL, who had been with WBT for over 30 years.
And at sister Sports WFNZ-A-W273DA (THE FAN), longtime morning co-host JIM CELANIA has retired after 19 years with the station, the OBSERVER is reporting. CELANIA was most recently paired with CHRIS MCCLAIN and before that with GARY WILLIAMS and CHUCK HOWARD.