The Mix Group Presents The WWRS 2017 Industry Awards Luncheon -- Voting Ends March 12th
Discount Rooms At W Hotel, Save With Delta Travel Code 'NMNYN'
March 3, 2017 at 3:04 AM (PT)
Thousands of your reader-driven nominations have been finalized and the voting for THE WORLDWIDE RADIO SUMMIT 2017 INDUSTRY AWARDS is underway an will be presented at THE WORLDWIDE RADIO SUMMIT during terrific lunch in THE LOFT at the W HOTEL/HOLLYWOOD on FRIDAY, MAY 5th by THE MIX GROUP! Details of the entertainment, soon!
OMG -- some of these races are incredibly tight -- and you can make the difference!
12 DOMESTIC RADIO AWARDS -- Radio Company Of The Year, Radio Company Exec, Radio Company Sr. Programmer, Radio Company Online Exec, Station Of The Year, Station Exec, Station Programmer, Station MD, Station Air Talent, VO/Imaging, Production, Online Presence, Consultant Of The Year.
6 DOMESTIC MUSIC AWARDS -- Label Of The Year (major), Label (indie), Label Exec (major), Label Exec (indie), Artist Of The Year (major), Artist Of The Year (indie)
5 INTERNATIONAL RADIO AWARDS -- Radio Group Of The Year, Program Director/Controller, Music Director, Radio Personality, and Most Innovative International Radio Station.
4 INTERNATIONAL MUSIC AWARDS -- Label Of The Year (major), Label Of The Year (indie), Label Exec Of The Year, and Artist Of The Year.
Click here to vote, now until 11:59p on SUNDAY, MARCH 12th.
THE WORLDWIDE RADIO SUMMIT 2017 INDUSTRY AWARDS will be handed out to the best of the best in Domestic Radio and Music, as well as International Radio and Music during THE MIX GROUP AWARDS LUNCHEON on FRIDAY, MAY 5th!
Please vote in as many or as few award categories as you wish. You may change your votes by revisiting the voting page and submitting your updated choices at any time until the submission deadline of 11:59p on SUNDAY, MARCH 12th.
Don't forget to hit the "Submit Ballot" button at the bottom of the page to make your votes count!
Are you registered yet? WORLDWIDE RADIO SUMMIT 2017 is lining up fresh ideas and cutting edge issues for discussion for our seventh year, which looks to break another attendance record. Are you set to join us and learn? It's MAY 3, 4, 5 at the W HOTEL, HOLLYWOOD. Discounted rooms are in limited supply!
Register for WWRS 2017 here! And if you have 5 or more coming from your station or company grab a 15% discount when you register at the same time! Reach out to TYLER POLZIN to set it up.
- NEAL SCHORE, President & CEO, TRITON DIGITAL
- ALI ABHARY, CEO, KARNIVAL MEDIA GROUP (TURKEY)
- CAROLINE BEASLEY, CEO, BEASLEY BROADCAST GROUP
- CHRIS PRICE, Head Of Music, BBC RADIO 1 & 1XTRA
- DARREN DAVIS, President, Networks Group, iHEARTMEDIA
- SUZANNE GRIMES, President, WESTWOOD ONE
- ERICA FARBER, President & CEO, RAB
- BRAD KELLY, Managing Director, NIELSEN AUDIO
- JUSTIN CHASE, EVP/Programming, BEASLEY BROADCAST GROUP
- PHILIPPE GENERALI, President, RCS, MEDIABASE,
- RICK CUMMINGS, President/Programming, EMMIS
- CHARLIE SISLEN, Partner, THE RESEARCH DIRECTOR, INC
- FRED JACOBS, Founder & Pres., JACOBS MEDIA
- STEVEN GOLDSTEIN, CEO, AMPLIFI MEDIA
- BRENDAN REGAN, VP/Content & Partnerships, AUDIOBOOM
- CHRIS PETERSON, SVP/Podcasting, iHEARTMEDIA
- GREG STRASSELL, SVP/Programming, HUBBARD BROADCASTING
- ROB KASS, VP/Product Leadership, NIELSEN DIGITAL AUDIO
- CAROLYN GILBERT, President, NUVOODOO MEDIA SERVICES
- LEIGH JACOBS, EVP/Research Analysis, NUVOODOO MEDIA SERVICES
- BEN COOPER, Controller BBC RADIO 1, BBC 6 MUSIC & BBC ASIAN NETWORK
- TONY COLES, EVP/Programming, iHEARTMEDIA
- MICHAEL MARTIN, SVP/Programming And Music Initiatives, CBS RADIO
- MIKE McVAY, SVP/Content & Programming, CUMULUS MEDIA
- KURT JOHNSON, SVP/Programming, TOWNSQUARE MEDIA
- VALERIE GELLER, President, GELLER MEDIA INTERNATIONAL
- KEVIN FINE, Managing Director, JACARANDA FM/SOUTH AFRICA
- LORI LEWIS, CUMULUS and WESTWOOD ONE VP/Social Media
- KEVIN LEGRETT, Pres. LA Region & SW Division, iHEARTMEDIA
- JAMES CRIDLAND, Radio Futurologist
- DANIEL ANSTANDIG, CEO FUTURI MEDIA
- MARK PENNINGTON, PD WRIF/Detroit
- STEVE JONES, EVP/GM ABC RADIO, ABC NEWS
- MARK PENNINGTON, PD WRIF/DETROIT
- RALPH SIMON, CEO, MOBILIUM GLOBAL
- JOE KNAPP, Founder, MUSICMASTER
- KEVIN STAPLEFORD, VP/Programming, SLACKER RADIO
- MANDAR THAKUR, COO, TIMES MUSIC (INDIA)
- KID KELLY, VP/POP & PD HITS1 & VENUS, SIRIUSXM
- LEE LEIPSNER, EVP/Promotion, COLUMBIA RECORDS
- ATON-BEN HORIN, Global VP/A&R, WARNER MUSIC GROUP
- E-MAN, APD/MD KPWR (POWER 106)/LOS ANGELES
- MARIKA MALLIARIS, Music Compiler, 5FM/SOUTH AFRICA
- MIKE WALSH, Head of Music & Deputy Programme Director, RADIO (UK)
- THOMAS SCHERER, EVP/International Writer Services, BMG
- ANDREW CURRAN, President/COO, DMR/Interactive President/COO, DMR/Interactive
- KELLY DOHERTY, VP/Imaging, iHEARTMEDIA
- ANDY SANNEMANN, co-Founder & CEO, BENZTOWN
- BRYAN HOFHEINS, Chief Creative Officer, WARNER/CHAPPELL PRODUCTION MUSIC
- CHRIS NICHOLL, Creative Director, IMGR
- JASON GARTE, President, MIX GROUP
- TREVOR SHAND, Imaging, KROQ/LOS ANGELES, Producer/VO ROGERS RADIO
- JIMMY STEAL, VP/Programming, EMMIS, Digital PD, KPWR/LOS ANGELES PD
- VON FREEMAN, Entercom/Miami Dir./Marketing & New Business Development
- STEVE REYNOLDS, President, THE REYNOLDS GROUP
- ELLIOT IN THE MORNING, DC101/WASHINGTON
- JAY TOWERS, Mornings, WNIC/DETROIT
- KELLIE RASBERRY, KIDD KRADDICK SHOW, KHKS/DALLAS
- MELISSA POPIS, Mornings, KXOL (MEGA 96.3)/LOS ANGELES
... more great thought leaders and sessions to be announced, soon.
Make Your Plans To Attend, Now!
If you've never attended, and you've wanted to -- stop and make your plans now for the seventh annual WORLDWIDE RADIO SUMMIT -- presented by A&R WORLDWIDE and ALLACCESS.COM! WWRS 2017 is returning to the W HOTEL HOLLYWOOD, (where WWRS began in 2010), and is set for MAY 3rd, 4th, 5th, 2017. Registration is $475 and many of your peers are all set to attend.
If you missed WORLDWIDE RADIO SUMMIT 2016, here are some thoughts from those who were there!
WORLDWIDE RADIO SUMMIT is the "United Nations Of Radio" attended by hundreds of U.S. and international radio, record, social and digital executives and thought leaders over the past six years. WWRS 2017 will continue to highlight some of the most important issues and opportunities impacting radio today and tomorrow, as well as focus on the future of this crucial broadcast medium that is the world's largest communicator of music and sound.
Among the topics being addressed are:
- Advances in digital audience measurement
- New ways to reach and engage with audiences
- Innovative ways to build new revenue streams
- Programmatic sales efforts
- Winning with new music discovery & innovative programming
- Radio and its evolution in the digital age of the auto industry
- Social/digital media integration and evolution
- Creative programming
- Mobilization - using mobile for all touch points of listener engagement
- Talent & radio brand development
- Spoken word
- New business models
- Radio's influence across multiple platforms
- New technology/platforms
- Streaming advances
- Radio device development
- And Much More!
WORLDWIDE RADIO SUMMIT 2017 will kick off on WEDNESDAY, MAY 3rd with a fantastic Opening Reception event that same evening at the HARD ROCK HOLLYWOOD. During WORLDWIDE RADIO SUMMIT 2016's kick-off party, DAYA, JACOB WHITESIDES AND SHAWN HOOK performed. The 2017 program will again aim to showcase even more global radio music stars!
And on THURSDAY, MAY 4th and FRIDAY, MAY 5th WORLDWIDE RADIO SUMMIT 2017 will have two full days of cutting edge meetings from thought leader from the US and around the world, with two exciting luncheons and two more evening cocktail parties followed by more live entertainment featuring some big name acts as well as the crème de la crème of emerging U.S. and international talent.
Make A Donation To Ria's Rising Stars Foundation
And for the second year, WWRS 2017 along with ALL ACCESS, DMR/INTERACTIVE and A&R WORLDWIDE are proud to support the RIA'S RISING STARS SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM to honor the memory of ALL ACCESS co-founder RIA DENVER and give deserving broadcast school students the chance to attend WORLDWIDE RADIO SUMMIT 2017 on MAY 3rd, 4th, 5th at the W HOTEL in HOLLYWOOD. More details on how you can contribute, and sign up to be considered for a scholarship, go to RIA'S RISING STARS SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM to apply.
Those looking to make a tax deductible contribution to "RIA'S RISING STARS SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM" a 501(c)(3) public charity, please contact JOEL DENVER at email@example.com or at (310) 457-6616, or simply send a tax deductible contribution to:
RIA's RISING STARS FOUNDATION,
c/o BEMEL & ROSS
11601 Wilshire Blvd #2150,
LOS ANGELES, CA 90025
Phone: (310) 473-3717
As radio evolves from terrestrial to online, satellite, digital and mobile, WORLDWIDE RADIO SUMMIT will continue to offer the insight that will keep attendees on the pulse of the future of this essential broadcast medium and provide the chance to interact with those driving the future ideology and content of radio.
WWRS 2017 presents a great opportunity to look around and see who the best speakers, thought leaders, and experts are that will be willing to bring their unparalleled knowledge of radio, digital technologies and successful, innovative methods of ways of driving new revenue streams so that radio executives around the world can tap into these rapidly evolving new frontiers of interaction and communication with their audiences both in broadcast and in emerging digital platforms.
As always, WWRS 2017 will not be a rehash of the same old stuff you've seen elsewhere. WORLDWIDE RADIO SUMMIT 2017 will be another example of must-see, must-hear, must-attend content. We so look forward to your presence at WWRS 2017."