Staton Buys Seven In Georgia
March 12, 2007 at 5:46 AM (PT)
G. WOODWARD STOVER II's COMMUNICATIONS CAPITAL COMPANY II OF GEORGIA LLC is selling seven GEORGIA stations -- Talk WWNS-A and Sports WPTB-A (ESPN RADIO AM 850)/STATESBORO, Country WSYL-A-WZBX (CD COUNTRY)/SYLVANIA, Oldies WMCD/CLAXTON, and Classic Hits WDXQ-A-F (96Q)/COCHRAN -- to CECIL P. STATON and JOE SAM ROBINSON JR.'s GEORGIA EAGLE BROADCASTING INC. for $2.3 million. The seller owns four LOUISIANA stations. The buyer owns six other GEORGIA stations and LMAs a seventh.
More Sales: Puerto Rico Noncomm, Colorado AM, Two AM CPs
* FAMILY EDUCATIONAL ASSOCIATION INC. is selling noncommercial Spanish Contemporary Christian WPLI (PLENTITUD 88.5)/LEVITTOWN, PR to AURIO A. MATOS BARRETO's SIEMBRA FERTIL P.R. INC. for $1 million.
* MONTE SPEARMAN's MK INC. is transferring AC KEPL-A/ESTES PARK, CO to WP BROADCASTING OF COLORADO LLC after a loan default. WP is a subsidiary of lender WESTBURG MEDIA CAPITAL.
* RAMS II is selling the construction permit for a new AM in SARALAND, AL to BRANTLEY BROADCAST ASSOCIATES for $100, and RAMS IV is selling the CP for a new AM in ORONO, ME to BRANTLEY, also for $100.
* CARL COMO TUTERA is donating an FM translator construction permit for W267AS/KNOXVILLE, TN to WORKS OF LIFE MINISTRIES INC.
* VICTOR A. MICHAEL JR.'s MOUNTAIN COMMUNITY TRANSLATORS LLC swaps FM translator CP K245AD/ARVADA, CO to NRC BROADCASTING for K275AH/BERTHOULD, CO.
* BARRY P. LUNDERVILLE sells the CP for FM translator W294AP/CLAREMONT, NH to KOOR COMMUNICATIONS INC. for $20,000.