Latest AMS Index Shows Awareness Of HD Radio Remains Low
April 10, 2008 at 12:26 PM (PT)
Just over one-third (35%) of AMERICAN adults say they are either very familiar or somewhat familiar with HD Radio, according to the results of a nationwide telephone survey released today by AMERICAN MEDIA SERVICES. By contrast, the remaining 65% of respondents report that they are not at all familiar with the digital radio technology.
"There’s no question that HD Radio has severe perceptual problems," commented AMD Chairman EDWARD F. SEEGER. "The AMS Radio Index shows that the radio industry needs to do a better job communicating the technological and programming benefits of HD. With so many platforms available to radio listeners today, broadcasters must throw their total support and commitment behind digital audio or run the risk of losing audience, and consumer credibility."