Arbiton Announces Target Increases, Guarantees
July 21, 2008 at 5:39 AM (PT)
ALL ACCESS reported FRIDAY (NET NEWS 7/18) about the ARBITRON ADVISORY COUNCIL meetings being held in WYOMING, and Chairman CHUCK DUCOTY's announcement of increased sample size and benchmarks coming from ARBITRON. Well, TODAY, ARBITRON makes it official, with a new PORTABLE PEOPLE METER sample program. The program is designed to deliver a larger 12+ sample target.
The company also announced an increase in its 18-54 sample size guarantee from 80 to 90% and raised other key sample benchmarks in PPM markets. ARBITRON will announce additional details of the PPM sample plan and the effective dates of the individual components in the coming weeks.
"The PPM sample program we unveiled at the ADVISORY COUNCIL meeting is a significant step forward," said ARBITRON Chairman/Pres./CEO STEVE MORRIS. "The ADVISORY COUNCIL deserves credit from the industry for providing ARBITRON with insights and input over the last few months which enabled us to raise the bar regarding these key PPM sample metrics,"
Key components of the PPM sample plan include:
* Increasing the Persons 12+ sample target by 10%.
* Increasing the threshold for the Persons 18-54 sample size guarantee from 80 to 90%.
* Raising the PPM sample benchmarks for total Persons 6+ from 90 to 100%.
* Increasing the sample benchmarks for 18-34 from 70-75% at month six, prior to the 80% benchmark for year two and beyond.
* Persons 12+ sample target to increase by 10% at no cost to customers.