Arbitron Offers ROI Sales Toolbox For PPM Markets
September 18, 2008 at 12:05 PM (PT)
ARBITRON has put out a 10-piece marketing kit to help radio station sales execs in PPM markets demonstrate radio’s effectiveness at reaching consumers. Station executives in NEW YORK, MIDDLESEX-SOMERSET-UNION, NASSAU-SUFFOLK, LOS ANGELES, RIVERSIDE, CHICAGO, SAN FRANCISCO and SAN JOSE will soon have this at their disposal.
The toolbox contains a detailed explanation of the change in the delivery of Gross Rating Points (GRPs) that occurs with the transition to electronic measurement, training opportunities and a detailed account from an industry veteran who has successfully made the transition to selling with PPM data.
"PPM will help upgrade radio's image for accountability among advertisers by delivering reliable, credible and timely data," ARBITRON Pres./Sales and Marketing PIERRE BOUVARD said. "We wanted to provide radio sales team with a set of tools that drive a message home: radio understands the need for ‘Return On Investment’ better than any other medium. In fact, you can't spell RADIO without ROI."
The ROI Toolbox includes:
* A handy note card that informs advertisers on the need to adjust their buys to reflect the change in GRPs.
* A brochure than explains the change in GRPs that comes with the transition to electronic measurement, as well as additional market-specific information.
* An explanation of how to adjust Cost Per Thousand (CPM) estimates in PPM markets based on data from SQAD, an industry standard for media cost forecasting for national TV, spot TV, Hispanic spot TV, spot radio and the Internet.
* A brochure that highlights available training options for understanding and utilizing PPM data from a sales perspective.
* The Arbitron PPM Passport Training Program that lists several brochures that can be used on visits with agencies.
* A basic run-through guide of the new concepts and terminology associated with PPM and electronic measurement.
* A personal account by an industry veteran the lists the advantages of making the switch to PPM data.
* A 2009 TV and Radio Survey Calendar of survey dates for ARBITRON and NIELSEN Media Research, as well as the scheduled commercialization dates for ARBITRON’s PPM and NIELSEN’s LPM.
* A "You Can't Spell Radio Without ROI" poster.
* A brochure citing a study conducted by COLEMAN, MEDIA MONITORS and ARBITRON that offers minute-by-minute PPM audience data with commercial tracking data.