Arbitron Claims October PPM Hit Targets
November 5, 2008 at 12:30 PM (PT)
ARBITRON has released a summary of sample quality metrics for the OCTOBER 2008 PORTABLE PEOPLE METER survey report incompacing SEPTEMBER 18th-OCTOBER 15th, 2008. On average, across nine PPM currency markets for the survey reports that released WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 5th, ARBITRON claims it:
* exceeded its Persons age 6 and older sample target by 12%
* exceeded its Persons age 18-54 sample target by 8%
* exceeded its Black Persons age 6 and older sample target by 13%
* exceeded its Hispanic Persons age 6 and older sample target by 23%
* exceeded its Hispanic Spanish-Dominant sample target by 43%
Among the Persons age 18-34 demographic, the average performance across nine markets is 99% of the sample target. By race/ethnicity, Black Persons age 18-34 averaged 102% of target and Hispanic 18-34 averaged 111% of target.
In-tab rates for persons 6+ across the nine PPM currency markets for the OCTOBER 2008 survey reports averaged 80%, five percentage points higher than the benchmark of 75%.
The HOUSTON market, which was affected by HURRICANE IKE, is not included in these summaries.
Read the full report here.