Arbitron: November PPM Data So Far, So Good
December 3, 2008 at 12:11 PM (PT)
ARBITRON's summary of NOVEMBER 2008 PPM data (covering OCTOBER 16th-NOVEMBER 12th, 2008) for 10 markets showed better-than-benchmark results in reaching its sample targets. On average, data from the PPM currency markets exceeded
* its Persons age 6 and older sample target by 10%;
* its Persons age 18-54 sample target by 6%;
* its Black Persons age 6 and older sample target by 9%; and
* its Hispanic Persons age 6 and older sample target by 20%.
Pertaining to the seven PPM markets that qualify for Spanish-Language weighting, the PPM panels exceeded:
* the Hispanic Spanish-Dominant sample targets by 39%; and
* the English Dominant sample targets by only 16%.
In the perennially difficult-to get 18-34 demographic, the average performance across 10 markets was 98% of the sample target. Black Persons 18-34 also averaged 98% of target, while Hispanic 18-34 averaged 109% of target.
In-tab rates for Persons 6+ across the 10 PPM-currency markets for the NOVEMBER 2008 PPM survey reports averaged 80%, four percentage points higher than the benchmark of 75%.
Of course, the devil is always in the details, which you can access here.