Josh Freese's CD Deals You Can't Refuse!
February 23, 2009 at 3:22 PM (PT)
Taking his cue from the fact that TRENT REZNOR made the most money from the sale of his online-only, pay-what-want album from pricey, perk-filled box sets, former NINE INCH NAILS drummer JOSH FREESE is taking it to the nth degree to generate sales of his new album.
For $7, fans can get a digital download of the album, "Since 1972," plus three new videos. Then it gets much better (tongue-in-cheek optional):
* For $50, you also get a T-shirt and a five-minute "Thank you”" phone call from FREESE for buying "Since 1972."
* Among the perks for $500 is a chance to "Meet JOSH in VENICE, CA, and go floating together in a sensory-deprivation tank (to be filmed and posted on YOUTUBE)."
* For just $2,500, you'll be able to "Pick any one member of THE VANDALS or DEVO (subject to availability) to accompany you and JOSH to either the HOLLYWOOD WAX MUSEUM or the lunch buffet at the SPEARMINT RHINO strip club."
* One of the perks to be had for $10,000 is a "private drum lesson with JOSH, or for all you non-drummers, have him give you a back and foot massage (couples welcome)."
* $20K will get you TOOL singer "MAYNARD JAMES KEENAN, MARK MOTHERSBAUGH from DEVO and JOSH take you miniature golfing and then drop you off on the side of the freeway (all filmed and posted on YouTube) ."
* Last but hardly least, if you have $75,000 to spare *and "don't live in SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA (but are a U.S. resident) he'll come to you and be your personal assistant/cabana boy for two weeks."
Check it all out here.