CBS Interactive Experiences Major May Growth
June 16, 2009 at 8:27 AM (PT)
The MAY 2009 NIELSEN Online U.S. traffic report shows significant growth for the CBS INTERACTIVE NETWORK of sites, headlined by a 206% year-over-year growth in minutes. Other CBS Interactive properties registering considerable growth include the CBS SPORTS GROUP, GAMESPOT and LAST.FM.
The highlights include:
* CBS RADIO, comprised of more than 140 station websites, posted significant gains in unique users (63% y/y), visits (129% y/y), minutes (206% y/y) and page views (118% y/y).
* The CBS SPORTS GROUP of sites reported year-over-year gains across all properties: CBSSPORTS.COM registered a 35% jump in unique users, CBS COLLEGE SPORTS NETWORK increased 19% in unique users, 22% in visits and 34% in minutes while MAXPREPS.COM gained 86% in unique users and 43% in visits. Additionally, CBSSPORTS.COM continues to dominate the engagement metrics with 58.2 minutes per person, leading the next closest site (ESPN.COM) by approximately 24 minutes.
* Fresh off a showing at the E3 (ELECTRONIC ENTERTAINMENT EXPO) trade show, GAMESPOT saw a 31% month-over-month growth in minutes to compliment a double-digit year-over-year increase in page views (13%).
* LAST.FM posted strong year-over-year growth in unique users (29%) as well as in minutes (29%) and visits (36%).
* CHOW, CBS INTERACTIVE's online destination and community environment for food and drink enthusiasts recorded double digit year-over-year gains in unique visitors (36%) and visits (+47%).