Podcast Consumer Attitudes Survey Released
January 26, 2010 at 5:09 AM (PT)
THE ASSOCIATION FOR DOWNLOADABLE MEDIA, in conjunction with EDISON RESEARCH will present the results of its recently concluded "Podcast Consumer Attitudes" study of nearly 5,000 regular consumers of audio and/or video podcasts in a public webinar.
This free webinar is scheduled for THURSDAY, JANUARY 28th at 3p EST/2p CST. Registration is required at www1.gotomeeting.com/register/909488120.
The results of this look at the attitudes and behaviors of these active podcast consumers will include:
* A comparison of the effectiveness of advertising approaches across various new and traditional media channels.
* An examination of post-exposure purchase and trial behaviors for consumers exposed to podcast advertising.
* A quantification of the "halo" effect of podcast advertising for prospective brands and sponsors.
* A look at the rapid adoption of mobile audio and video consumption.
* The effectiveness of pre-recorded advertisements, sponsorships and host-read messaging in podcasts.
The online study was conducted in NOVEMBER of 2009 among listeners and viewers of podcasts from many of the largest aggregators of downloadable media.