Arbitron Adds Positions, Enhances Radio Advisory Council
February 22, 2010 at 12:15 PM (PT)
ARBITRON will "expand and enhance" its ARBITRON RADIO ADVISORY COUNCIL. The Council will add new positions for Network Radio, Digital Radio and Public Radio and expanded representation for Diary markets, and Urban and Spanish Language broadcasters. The meetings are expected to include regular joint sessions with ARBITRON's Advertiser/Agency Council and dedicated tracks to solicit customer feedback on issues specific to PORTABLE PEOPLE METER and Diary markets.
ARBITRON is adding new Council representatives to reflect a more diverse group of customers and the changing radio landscape:
* One seat each added for Network Radio, Digital Radio, and Public Radio
* Four additional slots for Diary markets to place greater focus on mid-sized and smaller markets.
* Urban and Spanish Language representatives expanded from one to two seats each.
ARBITRON also plans several enhancements intended to make the meetings more productive.
* Dedicated tracks for both PPM and Diary added to concentrate on issues and priorities specific to the needs of customers in those markets.
* Regular joint sessions between the Radio and Agency/Advertiser Councils to encourage dialogue between buyers and sellers.
* More open, interactive and positive dialogue centered on improving communication and enhancing industry partnership.
Pres./CEO WILLIAM T. KERR said of these changes, "The enhancements that we are making to the Radio Advisory Council reflect the evolving nature of the media industry. The representatives serve as valuable customer advocates and their input helps ARBITRON align our plans with industry priorities. I look forward to our new meeting format, where I hope to engage in an open, two-way dialogue that will move the industry forward."
All current and recently-elected members of the Advisory Council will continue with their terms and ARBITRON is inviting respected industry representatives to fill the newly created seats.
The SPRING 2010 Radio Advisory Council meeting will be held MAY 11-12 in ANNAPOLIS, MD. The FALL 2010 dates and venue are being planned now.