Report: VO Business Grows To $12.3 Billion
February 25, 2010 at 4:24 AM (PT)
A new report published by VOICES.COM reveals that the voiceover industry continues to grow and is currently valued at $12.3 Billion. The 2010 Report on the Voiceover Industry is published, highlighting three growing fields in the entertainment industry; audiobooks, mobile gaming and podcasting.
Some of the highlights of the report include:
* Audiobook CD sales represent 72% of the audio market.
* Audiobook downloads grew to 21% of the market.
* 150,000 podcasts are currently available in the APPLE iTUNES Store.
* 7.1 million people listened to podcasts in 2009, less than 4% of U.S. Internet users.
* Another 50 million people accessed podcasts and Internet radio on average each month.
To access the 32-page 2010 Report on the Voice Over Industry, simply call (888) 359-3472 to receive the download link via e-mail.