Sirius XM Channel Changes Coming May 4th
April 26, 2011 at 4:03 AM (PT)
It's been quite some time since SIRIUS SATELLITE RADIO and XM SATELLITE RADIO merged their operations, but one facet of the company remained separate -- until now. The channel lineups on the two services.
SIRIUS XM's latest channel lineup changes will see several channels merged and some moving to online-only status.
The changes will take effect MAY 4th, and will include:
- SIRIUS XM HITS 1, previously available only on SIRIUS and online for XM, and "20 ON 20," previously on XM's service and on SIRIUS online, will now be available to all subscribers.
- SIRIUS and XM will both have Channel 18 reserved for "pop-up" limited-run channels ("SIRIUS XM Limited Engagements").
- Liberal talk channels SIRIUS LEFT and XM AMERICA LEFT will merge into SIRIUS XM LEFT and will be available to all subscribers; additional liberal talk will be farmed out to an online-only SIRIUS XM LEFT PLUS.
- SIRIUS' WILLIE'S PLACE and XM's ROADHOUSE will merge into WILLIE'S ROADHOUSE on both services.
- Southern Gospel enLIGHTEN will move to online only, with a weekly "enLIGHTEN HOUR" added to the PRAISE channel.
- XM's College Conference channels have been renamed as SPORTS 190-198, 203, and 231, and will continue to carry college sports play-by-play as well as other sports programming.
- Traffic coverage is being added for PITTSBURGH and MINNEAPOLIS-ST. PAUL.
- The online streaming service will have five additional channels, including the aforementioned LEFT PLUS as well as three "Limited Engagement" channels and a SIMON AND GARFUNKEL channel. SIRIUS XM MUSIC SHOWCASE returns on channel 809 online, and SPORTS NATION 2 is being renamed SPORTS ZONE.
MORE ABOUT: willie | pittsburgh | minneapolis | s roadhouse | st. paul | s place | may | praise | sports zone | sirius left | sirius xm left plus | simon and garfunkel | sirius satellite radio | xm satellite radio | xm america left | lighten hour | sports nation | sirius xm hits | sirius xm music showcase | employment | travel | ipad