Sold: Knoxville, Carmel AMs
July 21, 2011 at 5:02 AM (PT)
NORSAN CONSULTING & MANAGEMENT, INC. is selling Regional Mexican WKGN-A (LA RAZA)/KNOXVILLE, TN to RICHARDO ESPINOSA d/b/a ESPINOSA RADIO, LLC for a price left blank in the contract filed with the Commission.
In other filings with the FCC, SHERRE D. HOUSE is selling her 50% interest in CLASSIC COMMUNICATIONS, INC., licensee of Rock KWDQ (Q102.3), Country KWFX, and Sports KSIW-A (THE SPORTS ANIMAL)/WOODWARD, OK to partners BRET D. BREWER and BLAKE D. BREWER for $285,000 ($142,500 each). The deal will result in BLAKE BREWER owning 51% of the company and BRET BREWER owning the remaining 49%.
ROCK IN VICTORY MINISTRIES INC. is transferring low power FM WEWT-LP/BLOOMINGTON, IL to ILLINOIS STATE UNIVERSITY FOUNDATION for no consideration. The transferor says it cannot financially support continuing to operate the station.
THIN AIR COMMUNITY RADIO is transferring LPFM KYRS-LP/SPOKANE to VOICES FOR OPPORTUNITY for $1. The transferor needed to divest the statiom to allow it to build a new full-power noncommercial FM at MEDICAL LAKE, WA.
Also filed with the Commission is the closing of the deal by which funds managed by OAKTREE CAPITAL MANAGEMENT have assumed control of MILLENNIUM RADIO GROUP OF NEW JERSEY, which owns 11 stations in three GARDEN STATE markets, including Talk WKXW (NEW JERSEY 101.5)/TRENTON. The next step in the deal has been taken with the filing of the transfer of the MILLENIUM stations to OAKTREE's other radio entity, TOWNSQUARE MEDIA.
And in a deal yet to be filed with the FCC, WISDOM BROADCASTING CO. is selling Jazz KRML-A/CARMEL, CA to SCOTT MCKAY, according to the MONTEREY HERALD. The station, which had been eized by MONTEREY COUNTY BANK and is being sold for $150,000, gained notoriety as the station featured in CLINT EASTWOOD's 1971 film "Play Misty For Me."