'Golden Voice' Ted Williams Suing Over Voiceover Deal
August 22, 2011 at 3:46 AM (PT)
We hadn't heard much from TED WILLIAMS, the homeless man with the golden voice, in a few months. In MAY (NET NEWS 5/9), we learned WILLIAMS had signed a deal to star a new show called "Second Chances At Life."
The show was to document his struggles with alcohol abuse and life on the streets, but the show never got off the ground. WILLIAMS also experienced the loss of a client, when KRAFT didn't bring him back and his TV ads were pulled. Additionally, his CLEVELAND CAVALIERS job offer was pulled.
Then came reports that WILLIAMS was returning to rehab yet again. His manager said that his decision to head back to rehab was not due to a drug relapse -- but were "emotional." His manager AL BATTLE said that after a joint decision between WILLIAMS and himself, they'd decided to send him back to ORIGINS in TEXAS, to commit to a 90-day program.
Now comes a report from TMZ that WILLIAMS "claims when he hit it big earlier this year, he couldn't handle the pressure and was plagued with 'significant drug and alcohol abuse' and was 'totally incapable of understanding what was happening to him or handling [his] own affairs.'"
WILLIAMS signed a deal with producer ZEV SUISSA, and voiceover pros RANDY THOMAS and JOE CIPRIANO, but now WILLIAMS is claiming "the trio took WILLIAMS for a ride," writes TMZ. "The suit claims SUISSA, THOMAS and CIPRIANO got WILLIAMS to sign a 'one-sided, onerous, burdensome, non-negotiated and blatantly unfair' deal that gives them a huge chunk of any money WILLIAMS makes."
ALL ACCESS has not been able to reach any of the parties, at this time, for a statement..
Meanwhile, WILLIAMS was slated this past weekend to handle announcing duties for BALTIMORE FASHION WEEK, but that deal went south, "when FASHION WEEK founder SHARAN NIXON said she canceled WILLIAMS' contract because he made last-minute requests which soured the deal — accusations WILLIAMS' camp denies."