10 Questions with ... Sam Faith
May 14, 2013
BRIEF CAREER SYNOPSIS:
- 2001-2002: 92.1 WMAD/ Madison, WI -- Weekends
- 2004: 96.3 WMAD/Madison, WI -- Weekends
- 2004-2007: KFMW/Waterloo-Cedar Falls, IA -- Nights
- 2008-2009: WIBA/Madison, WI -- Weekends
- 2012: KWFR/San Angelo, TX -- Mornings
1) What's the best way to get your foot in the door?
Network and provide a good demo to show off your skills!
2) What has been your best resource for finding out about job openings?
It's all on the Internet in my experience. There are a lot of good websites to refer to for job openings. Company and trade postings are my main focuses. You ever heard of ... ahh ... Allaccess.com?
3) What is the next job you'd like to obtain?
I would love to put together a morning team or do afternoons in a current Rock format like Active or Alternative Rock. I am a rocker through and through!
4) What's the most unbelievable question you've ever been asked in an interview?
They told me they did a lot of bar remotes and that they get CRAZY and get on the bar. He asked me if I would be willing to do that. I said absolutely! Then I cracked my head open on his desk ....just kidding.
5) With consolidation there are definitely fewer jobs. How do you separate yourself from the pack?
By being myself at all times and coming up with funny new ways to make myself look like an ass.
6) Are you spending as much time listening to radio as you used to?
I am currently driving for work. so all day every day. It makes me wanna do that spot that way or that promo that way.
7) Are you able to slow down and enjoy free time doing things with your family and friends that you probably did not have time to do while you were working?
Radio involves complete discipline! Also, a lot of liquid courage. Yes family time is nice.
8) What do you miss least about radio?
Nothing! I love everything about it.
9) Having been through all you have dealt with in this biz, what advice would you give people trying to break in?
Start in a small market and learn everything you can about everything!
10) Where do you see yourself in five years? Ten years?
I can see myself in a Rock PD role.
Care to contribute a low-cost recipe to our "ON THE BEACH" cookbook?
Mac N Cheese + hotdogs + seasoning salt = cheap & good.