-
Mike Francesa Responds To Reports With Tweets Saying He Hasn't Signed Contract With WFAN/New York, Is Open To Adding Partner
March 25, 2019 at 3:22 AM (PT)
What do you think? Add your comment below. -
MIKE FRANCESA finally reacted to last week's NEW YORK POST story on ENTERCOM Sports WFAN-A-F/NEW YORK's alleged attempt to sign SIRIUSXM's ADAM SCHEIN to a deal to be FRANCESA's on-air partner and ultimate replacement, posting his response on Twitter that, while calling the reports "outrageous misinformation and outright lies," seemingly confirmed that he could be considering both taking on a partner and exiting WFAN once again.
In his tweets, FRANCESA said that he has a long-term offer from WFAN but "I haven't signed it," and then added that he told WFAN that "if I stay I would consider adding another person to the program. My idea. Nothing can be done in that area without my approval, and NOTHING has been done." Stressing the importance to him of the "MIKE'S ON" app, which he said is a separate deal with ENTERCOM involving CAA, DRAFTKINGS "and a few other concerns," FRANCESA voiced a desire for the deal to be "decided quickly for ENTERCOM, which has been accommodating, WFAN and the broadcasters it might impact. Would like to have it all done before the first METS losing streak." He did not elaborate further.
The POST report by ANDREW MARCHAND on THURSDAY (3/21) said that WFAN had attempted to sign SCHEIN, who hosts on FRANCESA's former on-air partner CHRISTOPHER "MAD DOG" RUSSO's channel on SIRIUSXM, MAD DOG RADIO, to a deal to be FRANCESA's co-host and then take over if and when FRANCESA leaves, but SCHEIN instead renewed with SIRIUSXM (NET NEWS 3/21). FRANCESA "retired" fo four months last year before rejoining WFAN, bumping his replacements, CHRIS CARLIN, MAGGIE GRAY, and BART SCOTT, to middays.
Due to the outrageous misinformation and outright lies that continue to be reported and the constant requests for me to comment. I will make a statement here.
— Mike Francesa (@MikeFrancesa) March 23, 2019My deal with WFAN is simple.
— Mike Francesa (@MikeFrancesa) March 23, 2019
My deal with Entercom is complicated and involves WFAN, https://t.co/DPC5pzxj9G, the Mike’sOn app, CAA, Draftkings and a few other concerns.
I have a long-term offer from WFAN. I haven’t signed it.I have told the company if I stay I would consider adding another person to the program.
— Mike Francesa (@MikeFrancesa) March 23, 2019
My idea.
Nothing can be done in that area without my approval, and NOTHING has been done.
The Mike’sOn app and its business relationships are important and must be considered.This needs to be decided quickly for Entercom, which has been accommodating, WFAN and the broadcasters it might impact.
— Mike Francesa (@MikeFrancesa) March 23, 2019
Would like to have it all done before the first Mets losing streak.

