10 Questions with ... Jor'Dan Armstrong
August 31, 2015
BRIEF CAREER SYNOPSIS:
- 2009 Champion
- 2012 Stronger
- 2012 A Christmas Experience
- 2015 52 Weeks Of Summer
1. Birthplace, childhood, schools, jobs, current hometown?
Born and raised in Baton Rouge La. My childhood was pretty cool. I grew up in a single parent household as an only child. So, of course I was spoiled. I had almost everything a kid could ask for. My mother worked really hard to make life pretty easy for me. SHOUT OUT TO MY MOM!!
2. What does a normal day at home look like for you?
Music, music, more music, and Food. I love them both!! (lol) I try my best to write or produce a song everyday.
3. What's the song that you just can't get out of your head right now?
"You Make Me Brave" by Bethel Music. I love that song and it really helps me get through tough times. I always feel fearless after listening.
4. How much do you travel, what are the challenges? How do you juggle life on the road with wanting to be home?
I travel often and it's awesome. I really enjoy it. I've made it a part of my life right now. It's really that hard right now being away from home, given that I'm not married and don't have any kids.
5. What Artist or Pastor has had the greatest impact on you?
My pastor/grandfather Joseph Armstrong! I've learned so much from him, and he's such a great model of what a man of God should be. He's also a great father figure in my life that I look up to.
6. What's the last book you read?
A book by Fonzworth Bentley called "Advance Your Swagger." I learned a lot about etiquette, fashion, table manners, etc. It was a great read.
7. Funniest or most embarrassing moment on the road?
I was on stage during a performance and I was jumping around with the mic in my hand. I hit myself in the mouth with the microphone and busted my lip!! I had no idea and had blood all over my teeth as I smiled to the fans. Everyone was pointing and waving, trying to tell me what had happened, but I didn't realize until i was bleeding until someone off stage brought it to my attention. I was pretty embarrassed.
8. Take us thru a couple songs on your latest project.
The name of my latest album is 52 Weeks of Summer. One of the songs on the album is my single "You Should Know." This song basically explains that the life I live is all thanks to God. Everything I've accomplished in life is because of God's grace. Another song on the album is "Bout That." I featured a few of my colleagues on this record, and it talks about how anything God asks me to do, no matter how tough, "I'm bout that."
9. What organization/service group are you affiliated with?
I thoroughly enjoy helping people. I don't belong to any formal organizations, but I am a mentor for many young men starting careers in music. I love to take them under my wing and show them the things I wish I learned early on in my career. I also like to volunteer in my church by drumming during worship. I love to work at homeless shelters and simply want to encourage today's youth to follow their dreams.
10. Favorite Bible Verse....life verse?
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
1. How & When did you become a believer?
At 5 years old, Jesus appeared in my dream and told me that I would minister his word throughout the nations. At the age of 6 I became a believer and an active singer in church.
2. What's the biggest "God moment" you've ever experienced? Personally or professionally, when has God shown up in a powerful way?
Multiple times. God has blessed me with funding to continue producing and recording and I'm extremely thankful.