CPR Promotional Check-Up - Nov 7, 2011
November 7, 2011
Twilight - Breaking Dawn
One of the stations has brought in a client that is an upscale bar across from the cinema. Winners will get tickets and then cocktails with their BVFF before/after the screening. People who are into this series, are really into this series.
- I think every station has done some version of Hot Moms. What about doing a VILF contest on the website?
- Do your contesting only during the daylight hours...when it’s safe.
- “Ghoul Or No Ghoul” could be a weekend. Pick a coffin and trade up or get zonked.
- Or, at events and remotes, have a mannequin, dressed in black, with dozens of stakes sticking out of its chest. Listeners can step up and pull one out. You win what’s written on it. Or the person with the short stake wins.
- At your screening, you need interns with crosses and stakes at the entrance. All listeners need to walk past a full length mirror. If they don’t see their reflection, well, obviously they’re undead and will be killed on the spot.
Various Sales Ops
Lots of stuff crossed the desk this week that could be tweaked, morphed or otherwise customized to fit a client.
Someone Else’s Home For The Holidays One of the stations has a jeweler with a new location opening mid-November and they want to give away some earrings. You have a lot of young women who will be traveling with their boyfriends to spend Thanksgiving with his family and meeting the brood for the first time. How to impress them all? Hair. Clothes. Makeup. Jewelry. Language studies. A lot of products or services could go into this.
Personal Injury Attorneys Or A Hospital One of the stations had a HUGE buy on the table from a medical resource client. We came up with a contest called “The Pain Is Right”. Every Monday the morning show stunt guy would come to work having grievously injured himself over the weekend. You had to call in and guess what his total medical bill was without going over. I have some great examples of the “plays” if you would like to hear them.
Marco! POLO!!!! One of the stations has a client that wants them to giveaway GPS systems. The contest is going to have five listeners in five cars, driving around in constant communication with the studio, and constantly saying where they are. The person in the studio will prompt them with “cold”, “colder”, “warm”, “cool”, “hot”, “really hot”, “cooler”, “burning up” clues that will lead them to a promo person with a prize certificate. First person there gets it.
The Prize That Flies A station-to-remain-nameless has a jetski to give away next month. (Which effectively rules out Y-94 and Rock 102 in Fargo) They’re going to do the dial position number of listeners with paper airplanes bit. First one to get their plane into a box in the center court of a mall, from the second level, gets the jetski.
Nurseries, Home Depot, Lumberyards K-97 in Edmonton did The Morning Wood and hooked up a daily winner with firewood. I live in Minnesota. This is a helluva prize.