CPR Promotional Check-Up - Apr 10, 2012
April 10, 2012
They suddenly popped on the radar yesterday with seemingly a dozen stations asking for promotions. One of the PD's had some incredibly crude and profane suggestions. Here is a chlorinated version of some stuff we came up with.
- Coldplay in Hell. Everyone qualifies for a trip to see the band in Detroit with a side trip to Hell...Michigan
- "Short Attention Span Gwynth Paltrow Theater". Play 3 seconds of her from one of her thousand films, ID it and win.
- "Hotter Or Colder For Coldplay". You've lost a pair of tickets somewhere in town. Listeners call in and guess where they are and you direct them to it with "hotter", "colder", "getting warmer", "very hot", "scorching hot" prompts.
- "Livin' La Viva La Vida". Ricky Martin is now working in the HR Department at the station and has generously lent his vocal stylings to re-doing the Coldplay song. Get someone to warble it badly. That's the cue to win. (In the promo Ricky needs to be asking for a shot at doing some more songs but is told to return to his TPS reports)
First, if you're going to do a remote at a theme park, mike yourself and ride the rides. Most theme park broadcasts are as exciting as a remote from Popeyes. One of the stations has been tasked to do "something" on opening day. They're looking at doing a cellphone scavenger hunt. As everyone comes in they're given a list of things to take a photo of when they're strolling the park.
- Little boy with ice cream on his shirt
- Baby in stroller
- Strolling musician
- Someone screaming on a ride
- Someone wearing a Dale Earnhardt t-shirt
- A guy wearing a fanny pack
- A smiling park employee
- A park employee cleaning up litter with tongs
- Someone laying down on a park bench
- A family all dressed similarly
Bring your mobile to the station jock and win a prize if you found all ten.
They're about to return at one of the stations. Great prizes? Absolutely. But a lot of stations seem to have forgotten that we're in show business and have just done incredibly boring stuff with them. Said station is going to do what Magic in Colorado Springs did; and make these celebrity's purses. So not only do you win Britney's purse, but the pack of Marlboro's, the flipflops and the bottle of prescription anti-psychotic meds that were in it. Or Lindsays purse with a can of Red Bull and an Indigo Girls CD.