CPR Promotional Check-Up - May 14, 2012
May 14, 2012
A Pop Quiz
You don't have to reply with an answer, but this is a great question that was posed to everyone in a cluster by a Market Manager. "What is the one piece of daily updated content that will bring your core audience & new potential listeners to your web site every day?" Me? I think it's regurgitated gossip that you cut and pasted off one of 9000 other websites that are concerned about Kim K's butt size. But that's just me.
From the lovely and tal...lovely Laura Daniels at B-95 in Albany. https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=ads#!/b95.breakfast.club/posts/363222407052874?notif_t=feed_comment
The #1 party night of the year for 18 year-olds. K-Hits in Tulsa and Wired in Philly are out crashing proms and WKIS in New Bern is also http://1019online.com/content/prom-crashers
What will these kids be doing in the limos? Posting pics to Facebook. You should do Prombook on your site and also have a section on your page for sharing the pics. They're going to be sharing; they may as well share with you.
I got my first golf request from Hot in Sudbury a couple of weeks ago and then it hit with a vengeance this past week. Yesterday in a cold driving wind of about 30 degrees, the local driving range in Forest Lake? Packed. If you're into golf, you're really into golf.
- Charity tourneys abound. I saw one that CBS in Sacramento did called "Slice And Dice" at a casino course.
- Q-104 in Halifax did a promotion with Maxim called "Closest To The Pinhead" which had one of the morning people gearing up in a sumo outfit with a helmet and facemask and listeners drove balls at him.
- I lob this out about once a year. Get Lacey Underall at YOUR event? Every guy between 40 and 60 will show up. Bookable here http://www.cindy-morgan.com/
- What if you did "At The Stroke Of Midnight" and gave night vision goggles to the morning show and some listeners for a few hours of severely visually challenged golf. This has "1,000,000 youtube hits" written all over it.
- The next level would be Blind Golf. Randomly pair two guys with two girls. The couples never see each other. With the assistance of promo staff, blindfolded, they golf 18 holes.
- A girl who has "sat" my daughters works in the summer as a bikini-clad drink server in a golf cart on a local course. This has Street Team potential written all over it.
- Here's your next charity event http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UYw6Dz21C0
- One of the stations is doing a Lost Ball on the website every week. Find your ball and win golf cart use and greens fees.