CPR Promotional Check-Up - Jun 29, 2012
June 29, 2012
Summer Concert Check Lists
One of the stations is in a heated battle with a competitor and every concert is like Normandy. Here is the staffing they prepared for the next concert, which is looming. I've never understood why you wouldn't want to beat the other station to the ground and send them home crying. Read it. Learn it. Live it. (name the film and win a cassette from the prize closet)
- Stencils – Water soluble paint should be used to logo X-walks and anywhere foot traffic exists. Marking paint can be used on Grass and dirt in the parking areas that are not paved
- Banners – Line the fence – leave only room for the other station to hang 2, pay special attention the fence that is angled to face the road. Occupy all space on angled fence as that is most likely to be seen Someone will need to be assigned as "Banner Fixer" and should drive using another station vehicle or unmarked car (since KSON cars will be assigned) to drive the banner route and go through site to keep banners looking acceptable for the duration of the promotion.
- Vehicles – strategically placed for maximum visibility
- Exit strategy – Make sure we are equally as visible on the way out of the show as we were on the way in. Change sign directions, vehicle locations as necessary to have it covered
- Logo light – When the sun goes down, it comes on. Shine it on a wall or walkway that get seen
- Games – Use your imagination – Giant Dice? Anything that will get noticed and have a point of engagement.
- Prizes – Have something to put in their hands as a point of engagement. What it is isn't as important as the point of engagement. However, you need to have something.
- Tents – Like banners, location is important! The tent should be manned or womaned at ALL times with a FRIENDLY logo'd station representative. Have something going on and make that point of engagement
- Jobs – Just to name a few – Live broadcast (Jock), banner fixer, flesh presser, photographer, audio gatherer, electronic social director (posting, tweeting, uploading etc.) , back stage correspondent
- ALL station reps should have a logo'd shirt and nametag lanyard on all the time UNLESS you have been assigned a stealth job (although that would be the exception to the rule). It might be best not to list positions at the station on the lanyard passes.
- There should be a log for the ambulance and JJ truck that gets filled out every time it moves so that we can show where it has been.
- Inflatables – Like having another van. Get them is a highly visible spot near the set-up
- Always have extra of everything. Especially at concerts where most of the venues are NO WHERE NEAR ANYWHERE we need to be prepared with tape, scissors, helium, zip ties, prizes, games, banners etc.
- Bring ALL assets even if we've been told we can't use them. For example balloons are not allowed everywhere, but you should bring them at all times in case an opportunity presents itself, same for stickers etc.There should be no logo'd assets that don't go to a concert event and we should explore opportunities to use everything (without getting into trouble of course)
- Make or have made signs that say "Win ticket upgrades", "Win your way back stage"