CPR Promotional Check-Up - Mar 18, 2013
March 18, 2013
Kind of like DJ's broadcasting from the Grammy's, no one cares that they get a free car to drive and talk about. "My friends at Wilcox Chevrolet..." please. No one believes that a DJ would voluntarily choose to hang out with a car dealer or a vein stripper or an installer of gutter guards.
Hot in Houston had four women from the audience each get cars and blog about them. These weren't paid spokespeople, these were actual listeners who truthfully talked about how the car made their life more effective and easier.
We did a brainstorming session at Hot in Ft. Wayne with the Sales people and my suggestion was to have a DJ's dog do the testimonials. Why? Who enjoys a car ride more than a dog? And as a pet owner, if my dog likes the car, you got me. And Subaru feels the same way http://www.subaru.com/dogs/index.html
Since making videos continues to be an evolving learning process for a lot of stations, here's a cool resource from Lucy Black with BOB-FM in Fargo: I've been getting more into editing videos, because I got a great program called Power Director. Very easy to use, edit & trim video, multiple video & audio tracks, text, lots of built in graphics, frames and animation... very cool. Under $100. While you're at it, this is a vid I did with the same program for the Cares for Kids Radiothon
The Attack Of The iPads
This is an almost perfect storm of prizing, buzz, digital and social media. 94.9 in San Diego is doing 13 iPad Mini's a day and it is KILLING. This is a GREAT video from a listener to "get noticed" for a chance to win
From Ciro Sepulveda at LFM/SD:
- The fact that is 13 times a day definitely gets people excited...and beats the 'one time a day' of maybe winning that other stations around town are doing.
- Easy to win.. .sign up online, listen, call back and win! As opposed to having to jump through loops to have 1 shot of winning.
- On air jocks killing it on the air and on social media. They talk about it at least every 15 minutes and they post stuff on facebook, twitter and all social media constantly.
- Right now we have a 'standard' share, like us, follow us and make a cool video to get noticed and increase your chances (video a listener made) ...
- Having a big Share menu on the right side of the website doesn't suck http://www.fm949sd.com/Join.aspx It's not as cute and aesthetically pleasing as you see on other websites, but it does make people want to 'push the big button' and share with friends.
- Having something on facebook that is always present and shareable is a plus! have a tab at the top of your page that links to an image people can share is the way to secure some good shares http://www.facebook.com/fm949sd/app_195646697137509
...oh! Did I already mention 13 times a day to win an iPad mini doesn't suck and beats 1 a day.