CPR Promotional Check-Up - Mar 25, 2013
March 25, 2013
The Best Concert Promotion Of 2013 (So Far)
I just got back from Canadian Music Week where AMP in Calgary won "Promotion Of The Year for "Swap Your Wife For A New Life". Five couples swapping partners to split a $300,000 grand prize.
They rolled straight out of that into...a 45 hour road trip to Miami to see Pink. From Paul Kaye, who orchestrated the Naked Wedding in Birmingham, England:
- Morning show, Ryan & Katie, left Calgary in an RV with six contestants Friday after the show – we had 45 hours of driving & 4574km ahead (we travelled through 7 states)
- We took six contestants with us... only 1 would make it to Florida & the P!NK show on Monday evening
- Couples faced challenges along the way and we eliminated 2 couples over the four days – leaving them to find own way home
- We travelled across the border, through huge winds, snow storms, torrential rain, the many Florida toll booths to JUST make the show
- We ended up having to drive 52 hours as the weather slowed us down – morning team drove all day and night one day to catch up the time
- We got to the show with just 15 minutes to spare before P!NK went on the stage
- We followed the whole story on air with hourly updates – great character stuff from the morning team, Ryan & Katie, – and imaging was updated with actuality in realtime from Friday through til Monday evening
- Lots of photos on Facebook & Twitter http://www.facebook.com/ampradiocalgary#!/media/set/?set=a.10151230805216901.486309.91086701900&type=1
- Social media interaction was huge with lots of comments from listeners – especially when we thought we wouldn't make it to the show after the four days on the road!
- We shared four pieces of audio on Soundcloud and so far they have had over 8000 unique plays and growing
- We had a few fun moments where the morning show got into a fight and refused to travel on together & a flat tire on the RV – lots of 'drama' for the audience to follow along with
- HUGE TALK around the market from listeners and clients...
It really was AWESOME! Although next time we'll probably do 'listen for a P!NK song be caller 9'... J
Attached are some promos and some photos. Also, below are some SoundCloud links: