CPR Promotional Check-Up - May 13, 2013
May 13, 2013
Cinemax Was Right!
Proving once again that nudity works(c), BRMB in Birmingham pulled a great ratings period. Up 80,000 listeners and #1 25-44. And what was the promotional focus for 1/3 of this time period? Their Naked Wedding. Read it. Learn it. Live it.
For The Morning Shows
During one of the more recent rounds of Lindsay Lohan Stupidity (tm), I lobbed out a contact for her former bodyguard, Lee Weaver. Good guy. Actually cares about her. He's up for doing some morning stuff to pimp his new book. Email him at email@example.com
Ever notice, when perusing station websites, how many truly awful photos there are of promotions and events? Rawlco in Saskatoon did a refresher course of Street School and "how to take photos" was part of the course. Some suggestions:
- Make sure you get listeners with DJ's. Posed is fine. But mix it up. Natural interaction. Having FUN.
- Never post a photo of someone who's not smiling
- If there's a client involved, say Pepsi, make sure none of the people in the photo are wearing a Coke hat
- Go to all four angles. Look for a vantage point. Something up and above.
- You can never take too many photos. That's why God invented digital.
- Every place you go has a hook. If you're at the beach, well, make sure the water's in the background. If you're at a fair, a bunch of people standing in front of your booth is alright, but you HAVE to get a shot of a DJ on a coaster. One of the stations sent a bunch of listeners to Las Vegas for 17 hours. Among the shots they posted? A shot of the morning guy swimming in a fountain. That's a drunken tourist in Vegas, in a nutshell.
- Never ever take a photo of a DJ alone at a booth. That says you're unpopular. Ditto with photos of events before they start, ie: an empty ballroom at the Halloween event, bannered but before people come in.