CPR Promotional Check-Up - Oct 3, 2013
October 3, 2013
One of the morning shows reached out and is wanting to revamp a contest that has gotten stale. The prize is a giftcard to a client. The value seemed really low so I asked, "Can you actually get anything for that amount at (client)?" and was told no.
Two quick reminders.
- We never want to give away a prize that it costs money to use.
- Or that the cost in gas to come and pick it up, is worth more than the prize.
One of the stations has stumbled onto a lot of shirts to give out next month. I believe we've decided on "We're going to scare you shirtless!". Passes to a haunted attraction and a new shirt.
The first call of the day? McDonalds. And they want, wait for it, traffic. I know. That's a new one for me too.
- Pennies From Heaven would be great. The school that collects the most pennies wins a concert, and you designate a McDonalds for every highschool in the market, and have a change bucket there.
- Bingo. No fewer than three stations in a week have brought up bingo. People love bingo and we love appt. times. Now we just need to figure out how to get the cards out there. One station is working at a program that would generate cards for download off the site. KUBE in Seattle once got on every trayliner in western Washington State with their ratings contest "Let's Make A Deal". To play the contest, you needed their trayliner. And the visibility for the station was off the heezie and the kids like to say.
- McDonalds in the Twin Cities does an annual thing for Earth Day. On that Saturday every store in the 11 county region has hundreds of little bagged saplings. Free. Just some in and get one. And I do. Why? It's a FREE TREE. Why wouldn't I? Got a nursery that wants to play? Here's the hook. These are the people who do them. They're the Bag & Tag Promotional Trees and you can get customized artwork, ie: CLIENTS. http://www.itascagreenhouse.com/page18.html