CPR Promotional Check-Up - Jan 6, 2015
January 6, 2015
Trips to the Superbowl seem scarce this year but plasma screens are popping up everywhere.
"Win A Big Screen For The Big Game" is huge...if this was 1987. You either need a premise (one of the stations is presenting it as the morning guy got ALL the toys and food for the staff party at his place...but his wife is going to leave him if he does it following the debacle that was last years' party) or a creative way to award it.
Arguably one of my favorite morning show contests from a couple of years ago. Guess which yardline Brandy gets taken down on and win a bunch of swag.
Ticket Tag has worked ridiculously well for every station that's done it. To win, you need to listen at two appt. times. You need to know who won at the previous one and you need to call in at the next one. And then the next hour the designated caller needs to know your name. And so on and so on.
Somewhere a station has a 42 inch TV, a John Madden game and other stuff to play on it. They're going to do Ticket Tackle for a week. Two DJ's playing Madden over the course of the week. Instead of knowing the winning caller from the previous appt. time, you need to know the previous appt. times score and field position. You get it right, you win a qualifying prize and they play a quick ten second clip of the next series of plays establishing new field position and possibly a new score.
Somethings To Do At Remotes
Nothing looks worse then a boring remote. A bored DJ. A bored promo person. A prize wheel. And maybe one or two bored listeners standing there. Tat (not her real name), one of the street-teamers at Q-107.5 in Memphis was a college cheerleader and had to organize activities for cheerleading camp. Pause. Cement a mental image. Move on. She shares these things they did.
- say the alphabet backwards
- spell your name using your butt( actually movement is involved)
- come up with a cheer about gf or bf......and has to have the word crack in it.....
- naming 5 vegetables that start with the letter "B"......but 4 will do
- cause themfifth one is a little tricky.......beets, beans, brocoli, brusselspouts( didn't
- spell half of that right)
- come up with a rap about your favorite super hero.......
- any trivia question would be good........
- making impressions of your fave disc jockey....
- who does the best hair band impression..........
- who does the best air instrument....(which is really funny)