CPR Promotional Check-Up - Apr 2, 2015
April 2, 2015
I think, like social media, you can look at youtube and see what works. Like the Cinnamon Challenge and Ice Water Challenge and (People) (Experiencing) (Activity) For The First Time or any of the million other games that seem to rack up millions of views. And these things have ears have an endless number of things you could do with them.
- Maybe have listeners rate new music while wearing them
- Have listeners sit in the studio and watch whether they're engaged or bored
- Change the color scheme of the ears to your team colors and fill some rows with people wearing them
- They have rabbit ears and Easter is coming up so do The Bunny Races. First listener to get his/her ears flapping wins a fully prepared ham dinner from a grocer
- Pair some listeners up for a date and have them have to face the fact that the other person is apparently bored out of their mind
- For every concert, pick some of the ticket winners to wear these and Insta Ear vid after each song
This is the 2015 version of the mood ring but they legitimately DO work off brainwaves and for $15, that's a steal http://emokiwear.com/
Two Word Tango
Van Harden at the gimazing WHO in Des Moines is one of the few US morning shows intelligent enough to monitor what the BBC shows do, and one of the contests they've used successfully is Two Word Tango. He shared the music if you'd like it
How it works: We all sit around the mics and play a game. Each time there's a small gap in the song we have to say the name of someone famous. As we go around the team the song speeds up hence making both the gaps and the length between the gaps shorter. This means that we, as a team rarely get to the end of the song before someone fluffs it.
And Three Iowa References For The Win
Murph and Andy at KXNO in Des Moines have a great track record with moments of unnecessary censorship. It's stupid but it's funny and if you rip off Kimmel, I can think of worse people to steal from http://www.kxno.com/onair/murph-and-andy-31180/andrew-downs-audio-drop-of-the-13231050/