CPR Promotional Check-Up - Apr 22, 2015
April 22, 2015
Live For 175
I can sit and try to explain how large it but whatever I would say would be insufficient. For the ninth year in 2015 it's Human Powered. People on bikes providing the juice to run the 7 day broadcast. This is arguably the largest awareness campaign done by any US station. http://1035kissfmboise.com/
Car Give Aways
Seem to be back with a vengeance. Just a couple of reminders:
- Never, EVER do the give away live. (If you have to ask, then you've never lost 40 minutes of your life on I-35 in Missouri listening to one of these)
- You want to keep the number of qualifiers to a minimum. Dial position should be the max. If you have to, whittle it down ahead of time. I saw one in San Antonio with about 300 people. To steal a term from Gregg Swedberg, it was like herding cats. Along with the 1000 degree temps? It could have gone south QUICKLY.
- We are an evolving species. You should have lost "win a key that could start a car" in about the same century as you lost your tail and grew legs.
- One of the Rock stations has Hardees coming to them with a big buy and, apparently, a street-team called The Hotties. We did Hooter Girl Lawn Care for Fathers Day in Buffalo. One dude got to sit on his porch with his buddies and drink beer while Hooters Girls mowed his lawn. (Not a euphemism)
- One of the stations has a personal injury lawyer who wants a promotion. Remember "Point Of Law"? What if these were weekly vignettes, acted by the jocks and posted as vid on the website? Sponsored by the client.